The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
Job Summary: The HR/Administration Assistant is responsible for supporting the HR function in field offices, ensuring plans and policies are adhered to by all staff and addressing HR issues that arise and referring complex cases to HRO in Yumbe. He/she is also responsible for providing administrative support at the office.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provision of support to all staff on the NRC HR policies and procedures to ensure staff are aware and adhere to them.
- Responsible for the orientation of new staff and help in setting a conducive working environment for all.
- Offer technical support to staff on Performance Management Process to ensure PMA are done timely.
- Support staff in leave planning and follow to ensure leave is taken, and maintaining proper leave records.
- Inform HRO of staff that have separated from the organisation (especially Incentive staff).
- Ensure order and cleanliness of the office.
- Create and maintain a proper filing system.
- Ensure that utility bills (e.g. electricity, water, internet, phone) are paid on time.
- Provide support to the recruitment process.
- Ensure tenancy agreements are up-to-date and rent is paid on time.
- Ensure adequate supplies
- Keep an updated staff list for all staff in the location and inform HRO of staff who have left.
- Coordinate with Yumbe office to ensure all new staff have ID cards.
- Maintain the diary of events and visitors
- Assist in any administrative matters: filing, updating of phone lists, keeping adequate supplies for office consumables.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) HR/Administration Assistant job opportunity should hold a Bachelor’s degree in HR Management, Social Sciences, Community Psychology or any related field;
- Three years of experience working with a busy HR Department and/or humanitarian organization;
- Previous experience from working with administration
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own skills/profile
How to Apply
- Working with people
- Planning and delivering results
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Handling insecure environments
- Language: English
All interested and qualified Ugandan candidates who wish to join one of the world’s leading relief organisations, Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) should apply by visiting the web link below.
Click Here https://bit.ly/2JiioPF