To help ensure that the Business Unit achieves its corporate objectives and makes the best use of its employees by developing, directing, managing and maintaining innovative, best-practice, effective and forward-looking Human Resource strategies, practices, protocols and procedures, which are aligned with our organization Objectives.
JOB ROLES AND EXPECTATIONS:
HR Strategy & budget
1. Contribute to the development of the corporate HR strategy, particularly by advising on the local context human capital implications of strategic decisions.
2. Manage and maintain appropriate and effective HR strategies and tactical plans, and ensure that these are communicated and implemented throughout the Business Unit in a way that supports the Business Unit's objectives.
3. In conjunction with the Group HRM, develop and monitor the Business Unit's HR budget to ensure that HR services are provided at the appropriate level consistent with the attainment of the Business Unit's business objectives.
4. Finalize the policy, procedures and forms including their implementation upon approval.
5. Ensure all end to end HR Administration are working effectively and documentations are complete, accurate and timely.
6. HR basic process of recruitment including engagement of contract and casual staff and the management of overtime.
7. Manage and maintain all necessary HR people plans i.e. Workforce plan, succession plans & talent plans
8. Ensure all positions have job descriptions with proper grading.
9. Implement recruitment and selection procedures that attract the correct talent match to support business objectives
Human Resource Development & Training
10. Implement HR management Information System (HR Payroll-EPR)
11. Formulate training needs analysis and develop appropriate training programs.
12. Ensure training and development programs are run as per Business HR Operational Plans
13. Coordinate the Talent Development process
14. Manage and maintain a Human Resources Information Systems to ensure easy accessibility of information for decision making (Google docs system)
15. Develop feedback collection mechanisms as sources for warning indicators for timely mitigation
16. Manage and direct implement HRMIS module and ensure optimization of all its functions
17. Support periodic performance evaluation and related management
18. Develop performance measures, review and reward systems that enable the attraction, retention and motivation of talented staff and in compliance with the Group Remuneration Strategy
19. Manage Disciplinary Procedures and Grievances
20. Develop and operationalize employee policy guidelines to support Business Unit operations in line with the Group HR strategy
21. Develop and operationalize employee wellness schemes
22. Develop and implement strategies for effective management of employee labour relations
23. Operationalize an effective employee dialogue and feedback mechanism and constantly review effectiveness
24. Interface with the company lawyer to employee relations matters.
25. Ensure compliance with Health and Safety best practices within the context.
26. Determine and take appropriate insurance covers and ensure timely renewals.
27. Interpret the Ugandan Labour laws to line managers and ensure that HR operations are compliant with the labour laws.
28. Implement an effective Compensation & Benefits Management and strategy.
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:
· Branch Managers
· HR Executives
· HR Data Management
· Immigration Office
· Legal Consultants
· Labour Officer
· Recruitment Agencies
· External Trainers
· Government bodies (NSSF, PAYE, LST)
Work Station: Mukono
Compensation: 2,500,000 Ugx Gross pay
To express interest in this role, send your CV to email@example.com and use " HR Manager" as the subject.