Closing date: 21 Jan 2019
Options is seeking an exceptional Health Systems Lead to direct Options work in a large, upcoming UKAid-funded Family Planning programme in Kenya. The Health Systems Specialist will build county government’s capacity to deliver, and commitment to achieving, family planning results.
Working closely with the Team Leader / Project Director, this role is responsible for the overall strategic leadership, managerial oversight and technical direction of Options’ Health Systems Strengthening work. The successful candidate will lead a small team of technical experts and administrators and will also serve as the key point of contact for Options within the consortium, supporting the lead partner’s engagement with government, DFID, and other stakeholders. The post holder will ensure that specific outcomes and deliverables are met and that financial, operational, and reporting requirements of the donor are adhered to. This role will report to a senior member of the Technical team based in Options London.
- Programme delivery, and oversight - oversee Health System Strengthening programme strategies, technical approaches, workplans, and budgets. Ensure the programme delivers against its theory of change and achieves its intended results in promoting a supportive policy framework and leveraging domestic financing.
- Team management and leadership - lead a multinational team of technical, financial and administrative experts working to deliver Health Systems Strengthening activities to the highest technical quality.
- Client, government and partner relations –– inbuild and maintain strong working relationships with relevant local, national and international stakeholders, particularly county level government.
- Oversee gathering and dissemination of successes and lessons from the project.
- Consortium engagement – co-ordinate with consortium partners providing updates, manging scope of work and ensuring programme as a whole is adaptive to changes in context. Responsible for regular reporting to prime.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including generous annual leave allowance, season ticket loan, childcare vouchers, cycle to work scheme and a performance related bonus scheme.
Options is an equal opportunities employer
Overseas candidates require the right to work in Kenya
Our organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and post holders to share this commitment.
- To apply, please send your CV with a summary note of your skills and experience to Hannah Witt firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates should state the role in the subject header
- Closing date for applications is: 21 January 2018
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview. Interviews will be held on a rolling basis and early applications are encouraged