Bayport Financial Services Uganda Ltd is part of the Bayport Group (BML) headquartered in Mauritius and working out of Johannesburg, South Africa with Financial Services Operations in over 9 Countries in Africa and South America. In line with our Corporate Objective of continuous improvement and achieving efficiencies in our Country Operations, we invite applications from suitably qualified, professional and experienced candidates for the following openings within our Uganda Operation:
Job Title: Head of Legal
Based in Kampala but with frequent movement to all our upcountry locations, the incumbent is the Head of Legal Services Department and a member of Management reporting to the Managing Director.
- The Head of Legal is charged with providing legal advice to the company as well as ensuring effective management of all litigation matters for and against the company.
- Provide legal advisory services to all departments within the company including providing independent legal advice to mitigate any legal risks, manage all litigations against the company including management of external lawyers as well as review, analyse and interpret relevant laws, regulations and judicial decisions for the Company, Management and the Board.
- The Incumbent is also expected to prepare company witnesses for testimonies or appearance in court, provide support in contract negotiations, review all contractual agreements for the company and providing recourse options for non-performing contractors.
- The Head of Legal will also facilitate relevant support during recovery of Non-Performing Assets for the Company, undertake research on current legal developments and prepare and circulate briefs to relevant departments.
- The incumbent will equally participate in and offer legal advice to the various Management Committees, e.g. EXCO, Disciplinary Committee, Human Resource Committee, Procurement Committee etc.
Qualification, Skills & Experience:
- The ideal should be at a Legal Manager level in a regulated Financial Services sector institution with management leadership experience of at least three years in a busy Financial Sector Company.
- Leadership of other legal services franchise with demonstrable working experience with regulated financial institutions will also suffice.
- Additionally, the incumbent should be a holder of a Bachelor Degree in Laws, Post Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice from the LDC, a member of.
- The Law Society of Uganda and an advocate of the High Court of Uganda.
How to Apply:
Qualifying candidates can send their applications with a signed formal application letter, Detailed Curriculum Vitae and copies of Previous employment documents and certified academic documents and any other relevant supporting documentations to,
The Senior Supervisor Human Resources,
Bayport Financial Services,
Plot 4, Kyandondo Road, Trust Tower,
Kampala, PO Box 1171, Kampala, Uganda
Or email the same to firstname.lastname@example.org; indicating on the left top corner of the application envelop and if email application on the subject matter, role applied for and name of applicant
Application Deadline date: 7th February, 2020; if not contacted by Monday 10th February, 2020, please consider your application as having been unsuccessful. Previous qualifying candidates can resubmit their applications.
Electronic Applications should not exceed 10Mbs.