LOOKING FOR A HEAD OF HUMAN RESOURCES
Village Power aims to empower people in Uganda to improve their standard of living by building a last mile- customer centric sales and distribution network that offers solar home systems, appliances and services to people mainly in rural Uganda.
The Human Resources Manager will play the very important role of recruiting A players, nurturing and driving an organizational culture of excellence, empowerment and growth.
The duty station for this role is at head office in Kampala, although one may be required to travel upcountry from time to time. This function reports to the CEO.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Ensures a value fit of all employees
2. Ensures that the right people are in the right seats.
3. Develops and administers performance metrics.
4. Develops & administers programs, procedures, processes & guidelines to help align the work force with the strategic goals of the company.
5. Manages the development and maintenance of Human Resources sections of the website and other job platforms.
6. Does needs assessments on employee training needs, new employee on-boarding, induction and measurement of training impact.
7. Ensures standards recruiting & hiring practices.
8. Formulates and recommends Human Resources policies and objectives for the company on any topic associated with employee relations and rights.
9. Ensures Labor law compliance.
10. Protects the interests of employees and the company in accordance with the governmental laws & regulations. Minimizes risk.
Competence, skills & attributes
1. Proven experience as an HR professional for at least 5 years
2. Strong interpersonal skills
3. Strong negotiation skills
4. Excellent writing & editing skills
5. A strategic thinker
6. Experience in team building & mentorship
7. Industry knowledge would be of great advantage
8. A solid education in Human resources or related discipline
HOW TO APPLY
If you meet the above criteria and believe you would be a valuable addition to our dynamic team,
please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org