LOOKING FOR A HEAD OF FINANCE & ADMINISTRATION
Apply only if you can dare to empower with numbers!
Village Power’s core focus is to empower people in Uganda to improve their standard of living by
building a last mile- customer centric distribution & service network that provides great value for money solar home systems, appliances and services to people mainly in rural areas.
The Head of Finance & Administration will play the very important role of ensuring real-time financial data and reports to enable internal decision- making processes, external receivables financing, and regulatory compliance in order to improve the overall portfolio health of the company.
The duty station for this role is at head office in Kampala, although one may be required to travel upcountry from time to time. This Function is part of the Village Power Uganda management team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Budgeting, reporting, controlling, forecasting and overall financial management to advise support and inform decisions at alllevels
2. Develop and ensure customer centric finance policies and procedures
3. Provide the organization with an efficient administrative framework &tools
4. Oversight for credit management and the Pay-as-you-go platform
5. Responsible for statutory compliance
6. Audit management
7. Procurement & Importation management
8. Management & development of a team that includes, Accountants, Credit specialist, IT, Receptionist, Administrative assistants
Competence, Skills & Attributes
1. A qualified finance professional with proven management experience of at least 5 years+ and an understanding of the above essential duties &responsibilities
2. Knowledge of accounting software, preferably quick books
3. Pro-activeness, ability to prioritize, work under pressure, and take day to day decisions on the running of the company
4. Ability to effectively communicate complex financial data and information to non- financial expertise
5. High attention to detail and accuracy
6. Solar industry and or micro finance knowledge would be of advantage
7. One with no shame in owning one suit
Village Power Uganda+ Right Person= together we empower 5 million people by 2030. ……
1. If you are motivated & qualified, then we want to hear from you! Do apply to email@example.com . For more information, visit www.village-power.ug or call 0414252616.
2. Cvs attachments should not be more than 2MBs