Picfare Group (GP) is involved in multiple activities that entail among others textile and garment manufacturing, Paper and Paper Products manufacture, Printing Services provision, real estate development and management, among others. The Group desire to recruit a mature hardcore human resource management specialist, who shall be based at Head Office to manage the human capital for the business.
Reporting to: General Manager (s) of respective businesses/Group Corporate Affairs Director
Key Result Areas (KRA): Quite broad as shared herein below. However, in sum, the central expectation is being able to have in place robust human capital management system/infrastructure that can deliver on the business mandate of the Group, duly supported by an HR Team across the Group businesses. The specific KRAs are as follows:
1. Partner with the business line management teams to Influence thinking, challenge and identify opportunities to adopt HR best practices and guide them in the effective management of people to improve engagement levels, optimize on their contribution and achieve the Business strategies;
2. Provide the interface between HR and the areas of operation to provide HR solutions and coordinate the implementation of the HR agenda in the Business. This will cover both the operational and strategic areas of People management.
3. Execute, support and monitor the implementation of the business’s performance management system. This will include supporting Line Managers with appropriate performance management interventions for their staff.
4. Support organizational change by ensuring that appropriate structures are in place as a means of defining jobs and aligning the growth strategies of the Business with the staffing plan and Budget. This includes involvement in Job Evaluation, alignment of organizational structures and development of job descriptions.
5. Assess the level of talent, coordinate and implement succession planning and talent management strategies to support the delivery of business requirements in relation to the Business current and future competence (capability), knowledge and skills needs including coordination of training and talent development.
6. Monitor and review relevant metrics in the area of operation in order to define the human capital requirements and engage line managers and stakeholders on undertaking the necessary interventions. This will include a review of staff productivity and efficiency, staff alignment to expected standards and workload assessment.
7. Develop and support Implementation of retention strategies to enable the Business retains its critical talent as well as maintains overall attrition at acceptable levels.
8. Coordinate the Staff cost and Headcount (workforce planning) budgeting and monitoring in the respective area of operation. This will also include coordination and support in Resourcing decisions made for staff.
9. Support the staff engagement agenda of the business in order to ensure we implement the relevant initiatives to have a motivated and productive staff base and deliver our Employee value proposition. This will include undertaking various interactions with staff in the area of operation.
10. Coach leaders and line managers to become increasingly more effective at leading, managing and developing their units, teams, employees and their cross-functional relationships
• Bachelors’ degree in the field of HR Management, Social sciences, Organizational Psychology or another relevant degree;
• A postgraduate or professional qualification in the area of HR Management is an added advantage requisite experience, knowledge and skills;
• Good computer knowledge and technological adaptability covering Microsoft Office applications;
• At least 10 years of practical and progressive experience in a People management role at an advanced level in a reputable organization preferably in an FMCG/ unionized manufacturing sub-sector;
• Hands-on experience in HR Business partnering and in using the balanced scorecard as a performance management tool is an added advantage;
• A high level of integrity and strong communication skills;
• The ability to work effectively with diverse teams and build relationships;
• Ability to meet deadlines and handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced and demanding environment;
• Creative and innovative with a customer-centric disposition;
• Compassion/Counseling skills are required, particularly in assisting line managers with problems or any difficult situations referred by the team and staff;
• Skills in the areas of coaching, mentoring, training and influencing;
• Analytical skills sufficient to set and monitor budgets and contribute to business planning and assessment decisions.
CV and all academic documents are required for all positions.
All Applications MUST be sent via BrighterMonday