Tetra Tech International Development Services, (https://careers.tetratechintdev.com) headquartered in Arlington, VA, is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for a Grants Specialist position on an anticipated 5-year USAID-funded environment and natural resources project in Zambia.
The purpose of the project is to reduce deforestation and forest degradation attributed to charcoal production and consumption in selected province(s) in Zambia.
Tetra Tech will support the Zambian government to fulfill its commitment to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and meet REDD+ goals by promoting alternatives to charcoal as fuel and energy sources and will contribute to biodiversity conservation and sustainable forest management in Zambia.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Provide support to the Home Office Contracts, Grants, and Procurement (CGP) Manager and Project Manager in developing the PROJECT Grants Management Plan (GMP), ensuring that all procedures therein are in compliance with USAID rules and regulations governing the management of grants and the technical approach is in line with the overall objectives of the contract.
* Work closely with the COP, DCOP, technical and M&E teams in annual planning to ensure the grant program technical objectives are clearly delineated and that estimated timelines are accurate.
* Coordinate the PROJECT’s public announcement strategy and facilitate the drafting of solicitations (APS and RFAs) by liaising with the technical and M&E teams.
* Manage the issuance of solicitations, response to questions, receipt of applications and initial eligibility screening.
* Convene and facilitate Review and Evaluation Committee (REC) sessions, documenting discussions and collecting all individually scored REC sheets, verifying no REC members have a conflict of interest. Notify applicants of the results of the REC.
* Oversee all pre-award due diligence requirements including the pre-award survey and cost analysis of the budget. Coordinate closely with the technical manager on technical and financial negotiations, as well as the M&E manager on identifying PROJECT indicators that will be achieved. Ensure all certifications are signed, database searches on file, and database registrations are complete in accordance with the GMP.
* Advise grantees as they prepare grant applications and compile supporting documentation and budgets.
* Monitor the performance of grantees to ensure compliance with grant terms and obligations, the fulfillment of anticipated grant-supported activities, and the submission of timely financial and activity reports and other deliverables.
* Undergraduate degree in business administration, economics, development, finance or related field of study, Master’s degree preferred;
* 5-10 years’ experience in the management of grants and/or subcontracts funds (at least $2 million-$3 million) supported by international donor organizations (preferably USAID-funded);
* Experience designing grant procedures and manuals, training grantees on application/ response procedures and compliance issues;
* Experience monitoring and evaluating grantee performance;
* Experience at a management level ensuring compliance with USAID or USG grants and subcontracts regulations preferred.
* Experience supporting environment-related projects preferred;
* Proficiency in English required.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech's IDS ad posted.
Apply online at: http://bit.ly/GrantsSpecialistZambia
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. With more than 17,000 associates working together, Tetra Tech provides clear solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.