Grants Manager - Market Systems & Input Project
Tracking Code20120360Job Description
The International Fertilizer Development Center (IFDC) is a public international organization (PIO) focused on increasing and sustaining food and agricultural productivity in developing countries through the development and transfer of effective and environmentally sound crop nutrient technology and agribusiness expertise. IFDC has been active in Uganda since 2012 implementing the Netherlands Embassy-funded CATALIST-Uganda Agribusiness Project (Catalyzed Accelerated Agricultural Intensification for Social and Environmental Stability) from 2012-2016, the REACH Market Systems Project (Resilient Efficient Agribusiness Chains) 2016-2020 and the 2SCALE Regional Agribusiness Incubation (Toward Sustainable Clusters in Agribusiness through Learning in Entrepreneurship Project (2012-2018).
IFDC is recruiting for 1-2 anticipated USAID Market Systems & Input Project(s) (2018-2022) that will serve to sustainably increase smallholder farmer incomes; increase the availability, affordability and accessibility of farm inputs; improve the nutritional status of women and children; and increase the resilience of the agriculture and food system to the changing climate using a market systems approach.
- The Grants Manager is responsible for ensuring an efficient grant application and management system is operational, that is consistent with IFDC’s and USAID policies.
- The Grant Manager will be responsible for monitoring grant implementation from award to utilization and closing/evaluation including monitor grant implementation for compliance requirements and ensure the establishment and documentation of outcome reporting measures and providing an efficient and up-to-date process for tracking grant payments and contribution/match funding from public and private sector.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Commerce, Finance or other related field; Masters degree (MBA) will be an added advantage;
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills;
- Excellent attention to detail, strong project management skills and ability to meet deadlines;
- Ability to manage multiple complex tasks and maintain composure under demanding conditions;
- Fluency in spoken and good written English is mandatory;
- Willingness to travel extensively in Uganda.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience supervising grant administration staff, including experience with a contractor or international NGO in a similar role;
- Preference to candidates with previous USAID experience and familiarity with market systems methodology;
- Minimum of three years’ experience using grants management software.
This position is open to Ugandan Nationals only, or individuals with work authorization in Uganda. Please only include a cover letter and a CV at this stage. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until release of the tender documents. Only selected candidates will be contacted. They will be invited for interviews including oral and written tests.
Closing Date for Application
June 30, 2018
USE THE FOLLOWING LINK TO APPLY;https://bit.ly/2KA2AcB