Closing date: 28 Feb 2019City:Nairobi
Requisition ID: req3472
Job Title: Grants and Budget Manager(WISH)
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: Kenya (IHUB)
The Grants and Budget Manager (WISH) is responsible for providing grants and budgets leadership and support across the WISH programme in Somalia, South Sudan, Ethiopia and Uganda. S/he will play a critical role in ensuring transparency, accountability, effective grant management and compliance in all aspects of the WISH Project. The Grants and Budget Manager is the focal point for donor reporting, information management, grants management and capacity-building efforts within the WISH programme. The Grants Manager also provides key support to the Senior SRH Coordinator (WISH) in programmatic and budgetary monitoring, compliance with donor and internal IRC rules and regulations and other key functions as required.
Grants and Budget Management
• Review, track, and analyze expenditures for the WISH Project from the Technical Unit and WISH country Programs
• Ensure project expenses are reasonable, allocable, and prudent and spent in accordance with the donor’s rules and regulations
• Work closely with Regional/ Global team to ensure all IRC WISH project budget monitoring, payments and booking of expenses by providing monthly budget versus actual reports to Budget Holders and in Country Teams.
• Work with relevant Country Finance Managers, Health Unit and HQ-based finance staff to ensure accuracy of the WISH financial reports and promptly identify and advise the Senior RH Advisor and DDPs and applicable grant leads on areas of concern
• Coordinate and coordinate approval of agreements, amendments, cost extensions and no-cost extensions for WISH Project.
• Identify and manage all financial, grants management, sub-grant awards and operational risks in collaboration with relevant Country and Technical Unit Staff.
• Supports WISH country programs(Somalia, South Sudan, Uganda and Ethiopia) in preparing, reviewing and modifying WISH related memoranda of understanding and sub-grant agreements as needed and ensures DFID T&Cs are met in such country engagements.
• Review financial controls and liaise with relevant country office leads to update policies and procedures
Donor Reporting and Compliance
• Preparation and timely submission of high quality programmatic and financial reports to by IRC WISH countries and the IRC Global to IPPF.
• Develop guidance, templates, and toolkits to ensure timely submission of narrative and financial donor reports
• Support RH technical team as needed in development of proposals for new development opportunities, including review of concept notes, proposals and budgets.
• Manage OTIS (Opportunity Tracking Information System) workflow for the WISH grants, agreements and amendments.
• Assist in donor relations; participate in calls with select donors, represent the IRC WISH Team at donor meetings as required
• Ensure quality information management through regular maintenance of grant files, developing compliance sheets, updating of internal IRC documentation and other Grant Unit tools, including coordination and preparation of documents and files for internal and external audits.
• Monitor and facilitate compliance of programs with DFID donor and IRC requirements and raise issues affecting external/internal compliance to the Senior RH Coordinator (WISH) and the relevant Country and regional teams
Other support for the WISH project and ongoing RH initiatives
• Provide logistical assistance in the planning and execution of RH workshops, meetings, and trainings where needed
• Assist RH team members with development of external reports, Web content, presentations and technical tools as needed
• Works with the WISH Project Team at RH Unit and Country Level to prepare and support Third Party Monitoring activities as communicated by IPPF
• Support program development, monitoring and evaluation, communications and external relations activities as requested.
• Build grant management capacity of Country office staff by facilitating training, and providing one-on-one follow up support, in report writing, proposal development, WISH Budget Tracking and other topics
• Keeps a track of the IRC implementation of its contractual obligations on the WISH Project and maintains a schedule of project deliverables and reporting dates.
Frequent and direct contact with IPPF’s WISH2ACTION Finance and Compliance team; May be in contact with DFID’s Third-Party Monitoring Agency
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
Degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, or related field relevant to the position requirements;
Certified Public Accountant or other professional qualification in accounting is an added advantage
At least eight years of experience in financial management for large complex projects, of which at least five years were working in the field of international development;
Thorough knowledge of finance processes, systems and principles;
Well versed in computerized accounting applications
Record of delivering successful and innovative solutions to challenges
Familiarity with international standards for key program areas (Sphere standards, health, protection, gender-based violence and livelihoods standards);
Additional qualification/ experience in project management principles
Prior DFID Program management experience a plus
Skilled at and passionate about supporting the use of data for decision-making, strategizing and course correction
Experience with using supportive approaches to building capacity of fellow colleagues to accurately record, document, report and use data
Team building skills
KEY WORKING CONTACTS
Regular contact with RH Technical Unit teams and Grants Managers in other units.
Liaise with country program staff. Interact regularly with internal IRC departments, especially budget, Finance, human resources and procurement.
Interact with donors, vendors, contractors, and consultants,
OTHER PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
Analytical, resourceful, organized, patient but persistent, detail- and solution-oriented, and able to work collaboratively across teams to use data to support decision-making.
Applications to be submitted on: https://rescue.csod.com/ats/careersite/jobdetails.aspx?site=1&c=rescue&i...