Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
The Baker Hughes, a GE Company (BHGE) Field Engineer Program is a graduate, entry-level competency-based development opportunity that involves on-job, classroom and on-line learning.
This is a talent search initiative aimed at identifying and pipelining technical talent. When the vacancy becomes available, we will review this pool for suitable candidates.
- Rigorously apply Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) standards in all situations using BHGE systems and procedures in service of maintaining and further developing the safety culture.
- Working as a crew member deploying BHGE tools and services, including direct liaison with customers’ representatives and BHGE shore-based Operations Managers.
- Participating in finding solutions to complex technical problems through direct, hands-on work.
- Preparing tools and equipment prior to outbound shipment to the well site.
- Receiving inbound equipment and correctly documenting inventory.
- Providing direct support for tenders including data analysis and cost estimates.
- Supporting invoicing activities to ensure that revenue is secured in the required timeframes.
- Actively engaging in job shadowing opportunities with Sales Managers, Operations Managers and Engineering Managers to understand their activities as the basis of developing business acumen and a holistic understanding of BHGE activities.
- Completing all training assignments to the required standards.
Completed a degree program in an Engineering, Applied Science or other technical program (Oil & Gas related will be an added advantage), from a reputable University or Institution.
How to Apply
- Evidence of acting in a leadership role in paid or unpaid work.
- Experience of participating in outdoor activities
- Evidence of meeting others’ expectations even when the situation was difficult
- A preference for working in a group rather than working alone.