Minimum QualificationApplicants should be Ugandans in possession of an Honours Bachelor of Science Degree in Geology; or Chemistry; or Geochemistry with a bias in Mineral Exploration from a recognised University/Institution.
The incumbent will be responsible to the Senior Geochemist for performing the following duties:-
- Carrying out geochemical surveys and mineral exploration;
- Interpreting geochemical exploration results;
- Carrying out on –the-job training of Assistant Geological Officers in field of planning and camping maintenance;
- Carrying out geochemical investigations in any assigned area and preparing geochemical maps and technical reports for publication;
- Preparing detailed assessment of mineral occurrences to serve as a basis for development and investment by the Public and Private Sector;
- Providing geo-scientific advice to the Public on matters related to geochemistry and minerals;
- Supervising junior technical staff in field activities and preparing reports and maps;
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.