Front Desk Officer
John Snow Inc (JSI)
Deadline of this Job:
April 30, 2018
John Snow, inc. (JSI), a leader in the field of international publichealth, is currently recruiting positions for the Regional Health integration to Enhance Services-North, Lango (RHITES-N, Lango) Project, funded by the USAID. The Regional Health Integration to Enhance Services-North, Lango project will improve the use of integrated health services in Northern Uganda‘s Lango region and strengthen the health system to sustain gains made by earlier projects. The Regional Health integration to Enhance Services-North, Lango project will contribute to improving key population-based national health indicators; build the capacity of the Ugandan government to carry out a sustainable and locally-driven response to the HIV epidemic, while also improving TB, malaria, nutrition, MNCH+A,FP and WASH outcomes. JSI will work with Ugandan stakeholders to design and implement health system strengthening strategies to scale up high-impact, evidence-based interventions at the national, sub-regional, district, and community levels. Interventions will include VMMC, virtual elimination of mother-to-child transmission of HIV, antiretroviral therapy, and condom education and distribution, JSI will focus where the greatest impact can be realized, with a priority on hard-to-reach and high-HIV-prevalence locations.
The Regional Health integration to Enhance Services-North, Lango project is a live-year contract. The JSI team includes Amref Health Africa, Africa CUAMM, Another Option, and The Medical Concierge Group.
FRONT DESK OFFICER
The Front Desk Officer is a full-time position and will be based in Lira, Uganda. S/he will be responsible for the Front Desk/Reception Area, receive and direct visitors around the Officer, and providing administrative support for the RHITES-N, Lango project. The Front Desk Officer reports to the Human Resources & Administration Manager.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Be responsible for receiving, recording and distributing all incoming/outgoing mail.
- Receive and direct visitors in an efﬁcient and courteous manner.
- Ensure that the reception area is clean and tidy.
- Prepare and distribute regular updates of staff contact information (address, phone number, email address, etc.)
- A degree or diploma from a recognized institution or equivalent with at least 5 years’ experience in a Front Desk/Receptionist or similar position.
- Ability to manage office equipment such as computers,photocopiers, projectors and printers.
- Strong filing and secretarial skills and proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience working with an international NGO is strongly preferred.
Job application procedure
Detailed Job Description can be received upon request. interested candidates should send a cover letter and CV to email@example.com by April 30, 2018.