Front Desk Officer
National Planning Authority
Deadline of this Job:
Thursday, 21st December 2017 at 16:55 hours
The National Planning Authority (NPA) was established by an Act of Parliament No.15 of 2002 in compliance with article 125 of the Constitution of the Republic of Uganda (1995). Accordingly, it is the principal statutory agency responsible for the management of national and decentralized development planning in Uganda. The primary function of the Authority is to produce comprehensive and integrated development plans for the country elaborated in terms of the perspective Vision, Long and Medium-term Plans. Through its external sourcing strategies and career offers, NPA Executive Authority, is desirous of ﬁlling selected vacancies to strengthen its human resources capacity by recruiting dynamic and self-motivated professional individuals to complement its current staff in the effective and efﬁcient implementation of its mandate. The offer is open to interested professionals with the required qualiﬁcations, experience, competencies, skills and the right work attitude. A competitive and attractive remuneration package is attached to each position. “NPA” is an equal opportunity employer and female applicants with the relevant experience and qualiﬁcations are encouraged to apply for the positions of their choice.
Front Desk Officer (Receptionist)
Reports to: Senior Administrative Officer
Preferred age: 25-45
Provide administrative supports to the Officer of the Directors as well as their day today management and initially undertake the management of records in the Central Registry
Duties and Responsibilities:
refer to details given search under www.npa.ug under opportunities.
- Honors degree; in discipline of Bachelor of Arts in Arts or Social Sciences, Management, Administration, ofﬁce management Secretarial studies or other relevant degree from a recognized University or "A" Level with a Diploma in Front Ofﬁce Management, or a related ﬁeld.
- Additional qualiﬁcations in line with the position will be an added advantage
Experience, and Knowledge
- Demonstrated varied experience and substantive knowledge of at least Six (6) years as receptionist or front desk in a reputable development-oriented institution/organization involving management and administration of cross functional activities
- In addition, Knowledge in Microsoft Ofﬁce or a similar set of computer application packages will be required Other attributes and skills:
- Refer to details given search under www.npa.ug under opportunities.
Job application procedure
Applicants are to forward two sets of applications with detailed curriculum vitae, including phone and email contacts; photocopies of academic and professional certiﬁcates and transcripts addressed to: The Executive Director; National Planning Authority, P.O.BOX 21434 Kampala Uganda; Planning - House Plot 17B Clement Hill Road.
- The preferred method of applications’ delivery is physical delivery through the NPA Front Desk / Reception. However, candidates using post ofﬁce should post early enough to avoid late deliveries and retrievals from post ofﬁce beyond the closing date.
- Shortlisted candidates shall be notiﬁed through their email addresses and or phone contacts indicated in their applications or CVs.
- Academic documents for the successful candidates will be vetted their authenticity and background checks conducted before considered for appointment into the Authority.
- The successful candidates will be offered a three-year contract including a probationary period of 6 months.
- Advertised positions not filled thereafter will remain open until when ﬁlled.
- A detailed advert is accessible on NPA website under opportunities onwww.npa.ug,
- The closing date for receipt of applications at NPA (both hand delivered, post ofﬁce & courier) shall be Thursday, 21st December 2017 at 16:55 hours.