- Apply principles of accounting to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts, documenting business transactions.
- Analyze financially information detailing assets, liabilities, and capital, and prepares balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports to summarize current and projected company financial position, using a calculator or computer.
- Audit contracts, orders, and vouchers, and prepares reports to substantiate individual transactions prior to settlement.
- Direct and coordinate activities of accountants, cashiers and clerical staff performing accounting and bookkeeping tasks.
- Maintain STIL tax preparation system and tax filing deadlines.
- Oversee the preparation and filing of corporate, income tax, and other statutory obligations like NSSF, LST, etc.
- Agree and establish tables of accounts codes and assign entries to proper accounts.
- Collaborate with other managers to prepare annual departmental and corporate budgets. Monitor actual against budget performance regularly.
- Prepare monthly management accounts and financial reports and submit to the general manager.
- Check and authorize necessary official documents e.g. requisitions, invoices, etc..
- Responsible for tax and all other statutory financial matters.
- Endorse Bank Reconciliations and follow up with the bank and wealth manager as necessary.
- Plan cash outflow commitments in line with cash inflows and balances to ensure liquidity status of the company.
- Facilitate payment of employees at the required time and place when the need arises.
- Maintain full knowledge of traded items, client services, and manufactured steel products.
- Exercising tight control over capital and revenue expenditures of the company.
- Develop and implement rigorous expenses control and reduction plans.
- Focus on debt collection and institute debt recovery measures so as to maintain a sound liquid position.
- Efficient and expedite customer order execution from the financial aspect to achieve best customer delivery.
- Must wear PPE and adhere to all safety rules
- To understand, Implement and maintain all ISO systems in the company.
- Perform any other duties as they may be assigned
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
Educational Qualifications & Functional / Technical Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Commerce, Economics, Business or an equivalent.
- ACCA, CPA is Must
- A Masters degree is an added advantage
Relevant Experience (Type of experience and minimum number of years)
- 5 years’ experience in accounting, finance or a related field.
- Knowledge of Manufacturing industry.
Other requirements (Behavioural etc.)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Result oriented
- Excellent communications skills, both orally and in writing