USEA is a nonprofit organization that brings together business owners and dealers in the solar energy sector. Its mandate is to promote the use of solar energy while maintaining a self-regulating environment in the solar sector. These terms of reference are for the procurement of a financial consultant who will set up all financial systems in the association and advice on appropriate software, programs, processes and procedures. The consultant will also be required to review backward financial information of the association from 2016 to 2018 and provide a complete audited financial report.
Title: Financial Consultant
Responsible To: CEO,
Term: 3 months
Role and Responsibilities of the Post:
1. Prepares asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account
information. 2. Documents financial transactions by entering account information. 3. Recommends financial actions by analyzing accounting options. 4. Summarizes current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and
loss statement, and other reports. 5. Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents. 6. Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures. 7. Guides accounting clerical staff by coordinating activities and answering questions. 8. Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information. 9. Secures financial information by completing data base backups. 10. Maintains financial security by following internal controls. 11. Advises on preparation of payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements. 12. Answers accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and
regulations. 13. Complies with government financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation,
enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions. 14. Prepares special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information
and trends. 15. Accomplishes the result by performing the duty. 16. Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Uganda Solar Energy Association (USEA) Amber House, Plot 29/33, Kampala Road P. O. Box 2642, Kampala +256 0200 923345
17. Structure the finance and administration functions of the secretariat. 18. Create a financial planning, payments, budgeting and reporting structure 19. Create a responsibility matrix for all administration and staff activities of the secretariat. 20. Advise on procurement processes and procedures 21. Liaising and coordinating the work of external auditors. 22. Responsible for ensuring that the secretariat complies with government laws and regulations
regarding taxes, staff saving and retirement funds, labor laws, city laws and other government requirements. 23. Ensure that all finance administration, procurements, ICT and human resource functions are
carried out according to the association’s policy guidelines. 24. The field of internal Audit shall include all activities and operations of all departments within USEA 25. In compliance with code of ethics for professional accountants, the internal audit function is to
provide basis for preparation of USEAs statements, 26. Review systems and operations and appraising the adequacy of controls including their ability to
detect and prevent fraud. 27. Recommend improvements to systems and procedures 28. Advise on appropriate systems of control and other operational matters. 29. Appraise the extent of compliance with established policies, procedures and plans; assessing the
accuracy of management information 30. Support proper documentation for all the transactions, records and books of accounts relating to all activities; Clear linkages should exist between books of accounts and financial testaments presented. 31. Identify specific deficiencies and areas of weakness in systems and controls and make
recommendations. 32. Exercise confidentiality 33. Identify matters that have significant impact to USEA’s sustainability 34. Bring to the CEO’s attention any other matters that the audit considers pertinent 35. Deliverables: Give reliable sufficient audit reports which will allow management/Board to
evaluate the findings and devise solutions.
5. Key Attributes and Specifications
• Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university in business administration, accounting, economics, or related subject
• CPA, ACCA or other specialized qualification is an added advantage
• At least 5 years’ experience in a similar position.
• At least 2 years of work experience in similar organizations i.e. associations, cooperatives, SACCO, NGOs.
• Experience with solar or renewable sector will be an added advantage.
• Working experience with development partners.
Applications should be submited to the following email: email@example.com