NIC Holdings Ltd, a leading provider of Insurance and Risk management services in Uganda seeks to recruit a dynamic and competent individual to fill the vacancy below.
Job Title : Finance Officer
Reports to : Manager, Treasury & Credit Control
Purpose : Petty cash float maintenance, Undertake collection and receipting, Process payments, Issue tax invoices, carryout reconciliations and produce reports in line with treasury procedures
Key Result Areas:
1) Process petty cash vouchers and make payment in line with company procedures and guidelines.
2) Safe custody of petty cash float.
3) Prepare weekly petty cash transactions summary.
4) Collection of money and issuing of receipts for all company income in line with cash handling procedures.
5) Keep, in safe custody, company money before banking in line with the treasury management procedures.
6) Daily preparation and custody of summary receipts and register in line with records management policies and procedures.
7) Reconcile and call-over day’s collections (cash &cheques) to the receipts register at the close/during course of day’s business in line with treasury management policies and procedures.
8) Process payment and maintain cheque register in line with payment procedures and guidelines.
9) Performed approved Bank withdrawals and deposits in line with guiding policies and procedures.
10) Preparation of daily funds position.
11) Collect periodic bank statements and advices.
12) Perform periodic bank, receivables and payables reconciliation.
13) Prepare and issue tax invoices in line with Uganda Revenue Authority guidelines.
14) Any other duty that may be assigned to you.
Minimum qualifications and competence requirement
- Graduate of Commerce, Economics, Accounts, Finance or Business Administration with accounting or Finance as a major.
- Must be highly knowledgeable in accounting concepts, conventions and standards.
· Computer literacy with knowledge of Information Management packages.
· Self driven, innovative and able to work long hours under minimum supervision.
- High degree of integrity
- Excellent communication& Interpersonal skills
HOW TO APPLY
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their applications accompanied with a detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV), photocopies of academic documents and certificates, not later than 15th November, 2019 at 5:00 pm addressed to
Head Human Resource
NIC Holdings Ltd.
P O Box 7134 KAMPALA
E-mail; email@example.com, cc: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com