The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) seeks to end pediatric HIV/AIDS through research, advocacy, and prevention and treatment programs. We are a global leader in the fight against pediatric HIV and AIDS, working in 15 countries and at 7,000 sites around the world to prevent the transmission of HIV to children, and to help those already infected. Today, because of the highly successful work of the Foundation and its partners over the last 25 years, pediatric AIDS has been virtually eliminated in the United States and new infections in children have declined by 58% worldwide. EGPAF Uganda Country program is currently implementing a number of projects in partnership with various donors.
Job Summary: The Finance Manager will provide comprehensive financial and decision support information to the Country Office through a wide variety of analytically focused financial analysis to directly facilitate Country Office operations and increase performance and compliance and contributes effectively to strategic business decisions. The Finance Manager will provide financial information and high-quality analysis in a proactive way.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviews all vouchers and financial transactions, ensuring that appropriate documentation and approvals have been obtained
- Reviews QuickBooks transaction entries and total monthly expenses for correct account coding, transaction descriptions, project class codes
- Reviews monthly bank reconciliation
- Reviews the monthly payroll to ensure that names, hours, and deductions have been correctly computed and documented
- Ensures that accounts payable and receivable are accurately processed in a timely manner and recorded appropriately;
- Monitors employee advance balances to ensure there are no aged receivables
- Prepares departmental spending summaries based on QuickBooks data as required
- Supports the Uganda Country office and EGPAF/Washington in developing the office’s annual and semi-annual work plan/budget projections and analysis
- Prepares responses to audit inquiries and questions, as needed
- Serves as the point of contact for coordinating and approving Kampala office cash needs and Kampala petty cash replenishments
- Prepares and submits financial reports to donors on quarterly and annual basis
- Ensures that statutory deductions are appropriately deducted and captured in the system
- Reviews EFT payments via on line banking to ensure accuracy in account numbers, amount to be paid and payee names before payments are effected
- Ensures that advance requests and expenses from staff are received with accuracy and completeness
- Submits monthly financial packages to DC and responds to queries/comments on a timely manner
- Serves as a bank agent, Other duties as assigned by supervisors.
Audit and Compliance;
- Coordinate with internal and external audit staff to facilitate all financial audits in EGPAF according to USAID Donor requirements
- Ensure that management responses to audits performed and recommendations are implemented within EGPAF and USAID standard timelines
- Reports and briefs the Country Director on trends or significant financial controls issues and grants management.
- Promote financial accountability, internal controls and reporting for all grant projects.
- Support operations and other non-finance staff in understanding and interpretation of financial statements and on donor compliance.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Finance Manager job placement must hold a relevant degree in finance and accounting with full membership with CPA,
- ACCA, CIMA.
- Five years of Administrative Management and leadership experience in an international development setting.
- Previous experience in managing US government-funds.
- Master’s degree in Business Management or a relevant technical field is an added advantage.
- Proven skills in financial management.
- Experience with other donors is an advantage.
- Good team player with proven communication and collaborative skills.
- Excellent knowledge of administration and management and information technology.
- Possess strong accuracy, attention to details and ability to follow-through.
- Highly organized with ability to meet deadlines, troubleshoot and problem solve.
How to Apply
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send their applications to this address;
The Senior Human Resources Manager, Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF), Plot 18A Kyadondo Road, Nakasero, P.O. Box 21127, Kampala, Uganda
E-mail to: UgandaRecruitment@pedaids.org
Deadline: 18th January 2019