The Democratic Governance Facility (DGF) is a multi-donor funding mechanism aimed at strengthening governance, promoting and protecting human rights, enhancing access to justice, and improving accountability in Uganda by working with state and non-state institutions at national, regional and district levels throughout the country. it is funded by Austria, Denmark, European Union, lreland, the Netherlands, Norway and Sweden. Read more about DGF here: www.dgf.ug
JOB TITLE: Finance Manager
DUTY STATION : Democratic Governance Facility Management Unit (FMU) in Kampala.
Main purpose of the job: Reporting to the Senior Financial Management Advisor (SFMA), the Finance Manager (FM) will be responsible for undertaking partner pre- grant assessment, partner budget monitoring, financial reporting and capacity building of partners in line with DGF business procedures..
• Conduct pre-grant assessments and field site visits to ascertain the financial capacity of the potential implementing partner organizations and prepare pre grant assessment reports for approval by the SFMA.
• Provide advice to programme staff and implementing partner organizations on the financial management and reporting requirements in line with the DGF business procedures, Partnership agreement / MOU, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and relevant laws.
• Review and scrutinize initial and subsequent implementing partner and consultancy budgets for compliance to DGF business procedures, accuracy and reasonableness of budget line items and make recommendations with regard to changes to be made to the partner budget to ensure that it is in line with the partnership agreement.
• Carry out quarterly review of financial reports to ensure compliance to agreed activities and allocation of funding, and resolve any issues arising with implementing partner organizations and ensure that their books of accounts are aligned to the signed project audit reports.
• Follow up on recommendations arising from institutional and project audits of implementing partner organisations and ensure that they are resolved.
• A university degree in accounting with a professional accounting qualification such as ACCA, CPA or their equivalent;
• At least three years’ experience in audit especially in the NGO sector;
• Experience in review of financial reports and budgets.
How to Apply
Please email year application letter, Curriculum vitae including names, email addresses, and telephone contact details of three (3) work related referees to: email@example.com Please clearly indicate the job title in the email subject line. Do not attach academic documents. Applications may not exceed 2MBs. Address your applications to: The Head of Facility, Democratic Governance Facility P.0. Box 8772, Kampala - Uganda Deadline: Sunday 17th November 2019.