DUTY STATION : IMG DEPARTMENT : FINANCE
POSITION: FINANCE MANAGER - IAA
REPORTS TO: CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER/GENERAL MANAGER
INTERFACES WITH: Senior Managers, Billing, Credit Control, Procurement, Treasury
1. Provide specialist financial advice, in written or oral form to the GM, CFO, Managers, and departments in order to ensure that all decisions are taken with appropriate and full financial advice.
2. Work with the GM and CFO to prepare budgets, forecasts and other financial plans.
3. Work with all senior management team members to ensure that their individual budgets, as well as the overall budget, are managed for the most effective and efficient use of financial resources. Ensuring that they have a good understanding of relevant financial management processes or tools.
4. Act as part of the senior management team and work to ensure strategic management and policy formulation to ensure the financial integrity of all departments/ centres within the framework of the policies and requirements of the organisation.
5. Take responsibility for the day to day effective control and management of the organization’s cash flow.
6. Attend and participate in management, departmental or project meetings and engage as in 1) above
7. Perform management tasks including planning, budget monitoring, staff management including recruitment, induction and appraisals, performance monitoring, contract management, health and safety duties, in order that Finance department services are in accordance with IMG standards and policies, and staff are properly motivated to deliver the services required.
8. Contribute to (and lead, where necessary) the development of a long term finance strategy.
9. Take responsibility for financial reporting; including providing accurate and timely information for the Board of Management and Executive on the financial activities of the organization including, but not exclusively, the provision of monthly management accounts with explanatory notes, cash flow forecasts, statements, and accounts.
10. Be responsible for installing, implementing and monitoring controls to prevent fraud.
11. Oversee the checking, verification, and processing of all payments to suppliers and external consultants.
12. Effectively manage the relationships with external bankers
13. Contribute to the revision and continuous improvement of the departmental structure, systems, and processes
14. Where necessary, provide training on financial matters to managers or staff in order that non-financial people are properly enabled to deal with the continually changing complexities of the organization.
15. Maintain personal and professional development to meet the changing demands of the job, participate in appropriate training/development activities and encourage and support staff in their development and training.
16. Provide support services in appraising financial investments and advise management on financial policy implications
17. Present a positive image of the department and the organization at all times, as well as maintaining effective relationships with colleagues, external partners, and other stakeholders.
18. Undertake such other duties, training or hours of work as may be reasonably required and which are consistent with the role.
• A business/accounting undergraduate degree or an equivalent
• Master Degree in Business/Finance would be an added advantage
• Qualified Certified Accountant with ICPAU membership
• Minimum 5 years of post-qualification in a busy working environment
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office suites (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Strong analytical and People Management skills
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Business acumen coupled with financial prudence and customer focus
• Ability to multi-task effectively and drive performance within teams
Job application procedure:
Should you meet the above requirements, kindly email your application letter, CV, copies of
certiﬁcates, including daytime telephone numbers to the Human Resources Manager - IMG at firstname.lastname@example.org OR deliver hard copies to Human Resources Office by January 24 2020.