Job Id: 402
# of Openings: 1
University Research Co., LLC (URC), a US-based public health organization working in Uganda since 2005, is implementing the USAID-funded Strengthening Uganda's Systems for Treating AIDS Nationally (SUSTAIN) project. The USAID SUSTAIN Project supports delivery of quality HIV prevention, treatment, care and laboratory services at selected public & private health facilities. URC is seeking a qualified candidate to fill the following positions.
The Finance Assistant will support in the preparation of timely financial reports, implementation of a strong internal control system as well as ensuring compliance with USAID and URC regulations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Raise Disbursement Vouchers, Journals in Quick books.
- Manage petty cash ensuring the maintenance of an appropriate level of petty cash in safe deposit.
- Process per diems and other travel advances for project related work.
- Preparation (scanning) of monthly payment vouchers and accountability journals for shipment to home office as per policy.
- Prepare and maintain a tracking log of all documents received in and released from finance department.
- Electronic and manual filing system for all financial reports, field wire requests, bank reconciliations; field accounts review certifications and other finance documentation.
- Assist in Verify payment documentation for adequacy and completeness before posting to QBs.
- Assist Finance Officer in addressing all monthly field report review comments from home office including providing feedback for missing vouchers and outstanding information following review of payment documentation.
- Assist the Finance Officer is gathering information and documentation required in preparing foreign tax reports (VAT).
- Receive accountabilities from staff before being reviewed by Finance Officer and Finance Director.
- Receipt of hotel invoices from the admin department and timely reconciliation of the same with
- Perform any other project related task assigned to you by supervisor, Finance Director and/ or Chief of Party.
- Degree in accounting or comparable certifications/qualifications.
- At least 3 years' experience in accounting and general financial management. Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Attention to detail, ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- At least two years' experience with QuickBooks preferred
Qualified applicants should submit their cover letter, certificate of good conduct curriculum vitae, copies of certified academic credentials and contact information for 3 professional references by Tuesday 31st October 2017 at 12:00 pm.
Due to the large number of inquiries we receive, only candidates who have met the required experience & qualifications for this position will be contacted. No phone calls please. However, since we are active around the world in the field of public health, we may wish to retain your CV in our database for other/future opportunities, unless you direct us otherwise. Thank you very much for your interest.
URC is an E-Verify Employer
URC is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We value and seek diversity in our workforce.