Closing date: 18 Feb 2019
Job Title:Finance Assistant
Line Manager:Finance Manager
Key Relationship Personnel : Senior Finance Officer, Finance Officer, Facility Manager
Roles and responsibilities
Donor relationship and Grants at Residential Facility
· To be custodian of all cash received from well-wishers and donors at the residential Facility
· Generate receipts for the donations received for both Cash and cheques or direct transfers.
· Liaise with the stores on donations received in kind and capture the information in the accounting software with clear donor details and intended donor use if applicable.
· Bank donations received intact as per donor with donor names in the deposit slips and forward the information to Head office Gigiri.
Processing of Payments as per Feed the Children policies and standard operating procedures
· Check and verify all documents or request for payment and ensure all support documents are attached to payment request.
· Raise disbursement Payment vouchers ensuring that the numbers agree to the payment request, the payment request has been approved and that a budget code is attached to the payment request.
· Compute and show VAT withholding where applicable as well as Income tax withholding and show them on a separate line in the disbursement form.
· Forward the disbursement payment forms to the finance manager for approval and subsequent disbursement of funds or payments.
· Dispatch payments to recipients. If cheques, then make photocopies for future references.
· Capture payment in the accounting software on accrual basis and archive documents as per filing system after cancelling them with paid dated stamp.
Petty Cash management and Payments
· Be the Custodian of Petty Cash Float at Residential Facility and manage the fund as per authority matrix and FEED policies on finance.
· Prepare Petty Cash Vouchers/Payments and disburse funds once approved.
· Prepare Petty Cash Monthly Analysis showing clearly opening float, refill for the month and detailed expenditures analysis with a closing balance of float. The same should be approved by the finance manager.
· Petty cash refill request
· Petty cash control account reconciliation
Manage and process Inventory Ledger
· Capture all inventory items in the accounting software as received as well as issued from stocks to various departments to recognize utilization per department or section.
· Generating inventory consumption reports per department and forward to Finance officer to capture in main FEED ledger.
· Carry out Inventory physical counts and reconciliations reporting any abnormalities on quarterly basis
· Perform Inventory ledger reconciliations ensuring departments are truly allocated, stock balances are true and that donations in kind are correctly recorded.
General Ledger Postings into FEED accounting Software
· Working under the guidance of the Finance Officer to review documents ensuring accuracy and completeness before posting into QB: Vendors bills, Bank payments and Petty cash payments
Other duties as may be assigned but not limited to
· Vendors Reconciliations
· Staff pay-slips dispatch to HR and Admin
· Scanning documents for HQ monthly reporting
· Filing Finance Department documents
· Any other finance office duties that may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Business Administration, Business studies or Management with specialisation in Finance or Accounting.
- Graduate or part-qualified member of a recognised accounting body ACCA or CPA Part two
- Sound knowledge of accounting procedures and principles.
- Should be a person with high integrity and professionalism
- At least 1-year experience working in finance in an NGOs or INGOs setting
- Experience of using accounting software especially QuickBooks
- Excellent Computer skills, specifically in Microsoft Excel.
- Excellent communication skills with Fluency in English ( both written and spoken)
- A positive problem-solving approach
- Good inter-personal and team-working skills
- A willingness to promote the work of Feed the Children and d collaborative work with others
- A commitment to working in a non-partisan manner
- A commitment to learning and being open to new ideas and approaches
If you meet the requirements above please send your application letter and detailed CV to
HR-Kenya@feedthechildren.org not later than 18th February 2019.
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Feed the Children is an Equal Opportunity Employer