We strive for a just world that advances children’s rights and equality for girls”
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
Working together with children and young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years, and are now active in more than 72 countries. In Sudan, we have been active for over 40 years, and currently maintaining an operational presence in four states - Kassala, White Nile, North Kordofan and North Darfur.
This footprint is augmented by partner led emergency responses in East and West Darfur, South Kordofan and the Red Sea.
Plan International core values are:
- We strive for lasting impact
- We are open and accountable
- We work well together
- We are inclusive and empowering **
Job Summary & Major Responsibilities
- Ensure that all Plan’s Financial operations are conducted as per the prescription of the Operational Manual and donor’s requirements;
- Support the analysis of the General Ledger (GL) and exception reports from the Program and Project Modules (PPM);
- Ensure that all payments are accurate and processed on a timely manner.
- Participate in the preparation of WN program monthly, quarterly and annual budgets and year-end report:
- Maintain and update regular Log book and Sub ledger for all advances, deposits, prepaid expenses, etc. **
Required Experience, Skills and Knowledge
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Business Administration
- Minimum one-year relevant experience in a similar position
- Good knowledge of national accounting practices, standards, procedures and regulations;
- Computer literacy;
- Good knowledge of accounting software as well as Excel, Access, Word and PowerPoint;
- Fluency in written and oral English and Arabic;
- Good listening and good communication;
- Good ability to plan. **
Salary and Benefits:
Plan offers a very competitive salary and benefits package to its employees. The employee shall receive a gross salary of 605 in USD. Plan also offers different allowances including health insurance, one month’s gross salary during Eid-ul Fitr, and an educational allowance (equivalent to one month’s gross salary) at the start of every school year to support the education of our staffs’ children. We are also known as a learning institute that builds up staff career development and provides comprehensive Talent Management Programs.
HOW TO APPLY:
How to Apply:
The closing date for the applications is 23th August 2018. Please use the title: “Finance Assistant” in your application. Please attach your CV and relevant certificates, a motivational letter explaining how your skills and experiences meet the requirements of the job, your contact details including phone and email in addition to the names and contact details of two references who know you professionally. Please note that one of the references must be your current / most recent line manager. The complete application should be submitted as hard copy to Joint Procedures Centre at Humanitarian Aid Commission (HAC) Labor office, Gamhuria Street. Soft copies can be e-mailed before the deadline to: Sudan.email@example.com
Please note :
· Only short listed candidates will be contacted
· Females are strongly encouraged to apply
Child Protection Policy: References checks will be carried out in conformity with Plan’s Child Protection Policy for the successful candidate before confirming the offer. Plan will also request for Police Clearance report before confirming the offer. Plan is committed to implementing its equal opportunities policy, actively encourages diversity, and welcomes applications from all areas of the national community.