This position is based in Kyaka II and will be providing support to the implementation of DRC Program. The job will require frequent travel within the Region.
Position & Reporting Line:
Finance and Administration Officer supervises the Finance and Administration Assistant, Office Keepers and reports to Support Services Manager.
The Finance and Administration Officer will facilitate the efficient and effective financial/administrative operation of DRC operational office. She/he will ensure compliance with all DRC Operations Handbook Manual (OHB) alongside donor policies, procedures, guidelines and rules.
She/he will seek and receive policy guidance/ instructions and support from Project Manager, Financial Manager on their respective areas of responsibilities.
- Maintain financial files (physical and soft copies) and records according to DRC Operations handbook.
- Assist with preparation of the budgets.
- Implement financial policies and procedures.
- Establish the cash requirements, and maintain adequate cash levels and related cash controls, safe custody of safe keys.
- Ensure weekly cash counts and reconciliations by DRC Operational office are conducted every Friday of the week, reviewed by the Support Services Manager and filed in Kampala for review by Finance Manager the following Monday.
- Ensure month end cash counts are properly supervised and submitted to DRC Country office in Kampala by 1stof every month.
Confirm that full accountabilities (documentations) are obtained for all expenditures and validity of claims all financial claims.
Ensure weekly cashbook preparation with complete documentation for all the projects for review by Support Services/Finance Manager every Friday of the week.
Ensure transactions are properly recorded and entered into the cash books on a daily basis.
Maintain and reconcile daily, weekly and monthly cash books and budget follow ups.
Prepare and reconcile bank statements.
Ensure that monthly cash books are submitted to Finance Manager and Support Services Manager by the 5th of every month.
- Process approved payments of supplier / service provider invoices on the basis of complete documentation.
- Prepare schedules for all taxes withheld or paid on a monthly basis where relevant and submit to Finance Manager for verification before submission to the relevant authorities.
- Assist with the monthly, quarterly and annual DRC and donor reports preparation.
- Supporting all units to adequately prepare for both internal and independent audits.
- Ensure copies of project files and related documents are submitted to DRC Country office, Kampala for back up storage in both hard and soft copies.
- Keep copies of all documents submitted to DRC Country office in Kampala in file for reference.
- Supervise scanning of vouchers and supporting documents and sees that proper filing is done in accordance with donor requirements and / or DRC OHB manual.
- Inform the Support Services Manager on all financial issues which can affect the execution of the DRC Programmes.
- Ensure the safeguarding of all available funds.
- Prepare Payment Vouchers and review Order Requests in accordance with the approved authority Matrix and running budgets.
- Reconcile the accounts payables.
- Accurately prepare the necessary documents, compile source documents and daily postings of all the paid transactions in the cash books.
- Reconcile the accounts receivables/advances and Issue receipts for all the funds received.
- Ensure the preparation and submission of staff details including Timesheets to Human Resources Officer and Support Services Manager for verification and computations.
- Responsible for the storage and restocking of office consumables (Stationery and Kitchen etc) for field offices.
- Advice and support the Support Services Manager on all administration and premises-related matters within the office.
- Coordinate and forward to the Administrator (Kampala) all travel requirements local and international and procure travel tickets.
- Monitor all service contracts (compound, internet etc), forward renewal contract needs to the Support Services Manager and ensure related contract payments are done before expiry of contract period.
- Supervise the Finance and Admin Assistant, Office Attendants and Housekeepers.
- Responsible for update of all e-files in the back-up hard drive on a weekly basis.
- Responsible for timely scanning of all vouchers and timely submission to the Kampala office for onward dispatch to HQ on a monthly basis.
Support the Support Services Manager in the creation of standard contracts for Works, Goods and Services in line with local regulations where applicable.
Ensure a proper filing system is put in place at FO level for any contracts in a separate file, using a chronological sequencing of contracts per project. This requires the release of Statements of Contracts for each Contract as per DRC template.
Ensure contracts are respected and paid for according to agreed terms of payments.
Manage any other relevant administrative management issues.
Uphold the DRC’s Code of Conduct.
Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Degree in Finance or Accounting and final or Part certification in CPA or ACCA with at least 3-4 years’ work experience in finance or accounting in INGOs.
- Excellent knowledge in preparing major international donor reports.
- Possess strong analytical and conceptual skills.
- Proven management skills
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Proven commitment to accountable practices.
- Knowledge of working in challenging environments.
- Proven ability to manage large and varied workloads, and can manage stress constructively.
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines and work with limited supervision.
- Pro-active, stable and robust character and a good team-player.
- Excellent communication skills, calm and a good sense of humor.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to establish effective working relations at all levels
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications should be in English and include the following:
A cover letter (1 page) in which you explain why you are interested in the position and how you meet the qualities and qualifications criteria and salary expectations.
Concise and accurate CV (maximum 3 pages). The CV should include information about your qualification, relevant training courses, Work experience, name and contact details of 3 relevant references.
Please send your Cover letter, CV and Academic certificates by email to email@example.com by 22nd July 2018 5:00pm clearly indicating position name in the subject line. We thank applicants for their interest in the position however; only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.