Minimum QualificationApplicants should be Ugandans in possession of an Honours Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Management; or Environmental Engineering; or Natural Resources Management; or any other closely related discipline of Environmental Science from a recognized University/Institution.
The incumbent will be responsible to the Senior Environment Officer for performing the following duties:-
- Providing advice on matters relating to the environment;
- Ensuring that the departmental intervention activities comply with policies, guidelines, standards and regulations on Environment Management;
- Generating reports on environment management activities as may be prescribed;
- Planning and budgeting for timely funds disbursements;
- Promoting environmental awareness through public educational campaigns;
- Assisting Local Environment Committees in the performance of their functions;
- Gathering and managing information on the environment and the utilization of natural resources;
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.