Industry: Education and Training
Salary: monthly stipends
Review the terms of reference for the midline evaluation and develop and plan strategies for primary and secondary study
• Review the project baseline report, project operational documents (work plans) and reports as part of the assessment of the project progress.
• Coordinate and lead the development of research protocol and tools
• Select and lead field research team
• Work in close collaboration with other VSO volunteers and staff, particularly the community development specialists and education researchers to interview and collect data
VSO level engagement
• Present draft review report to VSO and other stakeholders for final review
• Attend VSO meetings as and when necessary
Ireland level engagement
• Help raise awareness among the Irish public about the role of Irish volunteers in development, the sustainable impact they have and other the positive benefits volunteering can bring to the countries where Ireland works
• Help raise awareness among professionals, particularly in the health and education sectors in Ireland, on volunteering for development opportunities, and motivate to pursue them
Due to the nature of our volunteer placements, it is possible that the responsibilities of this role may differ in reality and therefore the postholder will need to be prepared to be flexible and adapt to their environment as necessary.