Deadline of this Job:
12th October 2018
Monitor Publications Limited, a Nation Media Group Company is Uganda‘s most influential media house, operating The Dally Monitor, Saturday Monitor and Sunday Monitornewspapers, 93.3KFM,90.4 Dembe FM, Nation Couriers and the Monitor Business Directory. We wish to recruit qualified and experienced professionals to fill the following vacancy;
Job Title: Distribution Assistant
Reports to: TRANSPORT SUPERVISOR
Job Purpose: To transport staff, deliver newspapers and parcels to various destinations safely and securely within set deadlines.
- Drives staffl delivers newspapers and parcels to various destinations as assigned.
- Keeps the vehicle in the cleanest and top mechanical condition.
- Monitors the distances covered book the vehicle for service and ensure it is serviced as required.
- Maintains a work book for each assignment and logs in the distances covered.
- Monitors the condition of the vehicle and reports defects for rectifying immediately.
- Fuels the vehicle, takes care of tools and accessories.
- Checks duty roaster route and vehicles assigned.
- Sorts and loads parcels ensuring the first-in-last-out order for efficient drops en route
- Signs off the loading strip list and leaves for destination within set deadlines.
- Academic: O’ Level Certificate (Uganda Certificate of Education) or its equivalent
- Professional: A valid driver's license, with at least 2 classes e.g. CM or DL
- Experience: At least 3 — 5 years working experience as a company driver
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with a very good command of English
- High drive for results and ability to work with deadlines
- Very high personal standards
- Mechanical knowledge is an added advantage.
Job application procedure
lf you believe that you are our ideal candidate, please submit your application, detailed CV and academic documents with a daytime telephone number by 12th October 2018 to: email@example.com Please Note that only short listed candidates will be contacted