Reports to Executive Director
Responsible for Programmes Managers
· Review ACTADE policies, strategies, and mission; and set objectives and targets for staff in the department.
· Manage program staff and outputs through monthly work plans and field visits.
· Responsible for the effective planning, implementation, management, monitoring and evaluation of all activities of the programs in accordance with the strategic plan.
· Provide quality assurance and ensure all reporting requirements are met and submitted on time to stakeholders including donors.
· Identify funding gaps within the thematic areas of focus within ACTADE and take lead in fundraising for the programs in the department.
· Guide the development of a policy and advocacy framework for carrying out effective policy advocacy in ACTADE.
· Develop and maintain strategic partnerships and networks with Ministries, Departments, Agencies, Local Governments, Parliament, Civil Society, Private Sector and donors and other key stakeholders for comprehensive, relevant and harmonized interventions in line with various program objectives.
· Supervise, motivate, appraise staff in the department to achieve set performance standards
· Lead the development, implementation and monitoring of ACTADE’s gender action plan.
· Identify opportunities to expose ACTADE staff to thematic debates by sending them to attend meetings, conferences and trainings.
Should have a Master’s Degree in any of the following disciplines; Social Work, Development studies, Economics, or any related field. The applicant should be 30 to 45 years of age.
Should have at least four years at senior or management level gained in a similar function from a reputable organization, with particularly strong fundraising experience
· Policy analysis and advocacy skills
· Good communication skills
· People management skills
· Fundraising and proposal writing skills are A MUST
· Monitoring and Evaluation skills
· Finance Management skills
· Programme development and management skills
· Strategic management
· Collaboration and partnership building skills
How to apply: Qualified male & female candidates are invited to send their applications enclosing curriculum vitae, academic and professional certificates along with the names and contacts of three referees. Applications should be sent to the Executive Director by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or hand deliver to: African Centre for Trade and Development plot 2 Agape Close|Ntinda, Kigoowa P.O Box 16452, Kampala Uganda.
Please include the title of the position for which you are applying on the envelope or in the subject line of the email.
Applications should be received by 5:00pm on the 19th of July 2019