The Monitoring & Evaluation Director will support LifeNet programming by developing and managing LifeNet’s monitoring and evaluation systems. This person will be responsible for leading a team of staff and fellows to provide timely program data and indicators in order to ensure effective program management and to demonstrate program impact. Importantly, this will include managing LifeNet’s research activities, developing health outcome metrics, and refining existing measurements of our program impact related to LifeNet’s key outcomes including reducing maternal, infant, and child mortality and increasing sustainability. One of LifeNet’s strengths is monitoring and evaluation of our training programs and our existing tools help drive the implementation of clinical best practices. The M&E Director will take the lead in establishing M&E systems for all LifeNet operations within all countries of operations.
The ideal candidate is self-driven, dependable, and tech savvy, with experience managing research and people. This work will directly impact our programs in sub-Saharan Africa as we serve over 220 health centers in four countries with medical and business training, pharmacy supply, and financing. The M&E Director will report directly to the Vice President of Programs and work with other LifeNet staff as needed. This position will be based in a LifeNet office in Kampala, Uganda; Bujumbura, Burundi; or Lilongwe, Malawi. Applicants with a residency in any of these countries are preferred.
• Provide M&E related technical input for donor reports and grant proposals
• Develop and maintain GPS maps of LifeNet’s partner health facilities
• Supervise and train M&E team members
• Lead the development of impact indicators and quality assurance measures across all programs
• Continue to refine and perfect LifeNet’s data collection and analysis processes
• Provide impact data for the monthly Board Report, the Quarterly Impact Report, and the Annual Report, and keep the LifeNet data summary in Google Docs up to date.
• Put data into graphs, tables, and charts in a way which is easy to understand for those who are non-technical
• Act as Administrator for Salesforce-based M&E system
• Support country offices in their data collection and reporting
• Lead LifeNet research activities in collaboration with university partners
• Report to leadership on data analysis, programming results, and recommended metrics
• Continue to refine and perfect health outcome & impact measurements
• Visit country offices to train, monitor, and evaluate program staff in the use of M&E systems and tools
• University degree (a post-graduate degree is preferred) in a related field such as public health, epidemiology, international development, economics, statistics or mathematics, business management, or finance, with a strong research and statistical analysis component
• Solid knowledge of and experience in managing research and complex data analysis presentation
• Experience analyzing complex problems, identifying innovative solutions, and engaging others to implement, preferably in a resource-limited setting
• Experience working within health systems in developing countries
• Proficiency in Office software and excellent working knowledge of data analysis and graphic representation with Excel, Google Sheets, and other statistical packages; experience with Salesforce or other data management platforms; additional data visualization skills are a plus
• Self-managing individual who takes initiative and can perform well in an entrepreneurial environment, asking for help when needed
• Adept at using mHealth software and comfortable with learning new IT
• Independent, resilient, and willing to live and work in a LifeNet African country of operation
• Strong cross-cultural communication skills and management experience
• Proficiency in written and verbal English. Ability to speak French is a plus
• Alignment with LifeNet’s Christian identity and mission philosophy and sensitivity to LifeNet partners’ religious beliefs and contexts
*LN is both an equal opportunity employer and a faith-based religious organization. This means that we conduct hiring without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, marital status, parental status, membership in any labor organization, political ideology, or disability of an otherwise qualified individual.
**Pursuant to the Civil Rights Act of 1964 Section 702 (42 U.S.C. 2000e 1(a), LN has the right to and does hire only candidates who agree with LN’s Statement of Faith.