EngenderHealth’s vision is a world where sexual and reproductive health rights are respected as human rights, and women and girls have the freedom to reach their full potential. This emphasis on rights directly underpins EngenderHealth’s values and principles: choice, quality, and excellence. To achieve transformational change leading to true social and economic progress, EngenderHealth partners with diverse organizations across sectors with the shared goals of highlighting women’s value to sustainable development.
EngenderHealth is seeking expressions of interest from highly qualified candidates to fill in the Director of Finance and Administration position on an anticipated five years USAID Family Planning funded project in Uganda. Ugandan nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
The Finance Director will be responsible for financial and administrative aspects of the anticipated Uganda FP Flagship Project including budget development and monitoring, prime award monitoring and compliance, sub-award management, procurement, and logistics. The position will be based in Kampala and report to the Chief of Party. The Finance Director will work in a complimentary fashion with the Chief of Party to effectively lead and manage the project’s essential finance and operations systems for budgeting, financial monitoring and reporting, consultants, as well as sub-award procedures. The Finance Director provides regular technical support and training to operations and project teams as well as to other partner organizations to help them establish sound, reliable, effective, and efficient financial management systems. In tandem with the Finance Officer, s/he will work with the project team to develop the procedures for the administration and management of the grants and contracts. S/he will also monitor the grant funds, develop the project’s financial reports to donors as well as submissions to the agency’s HQ in DC, and also work in close collaboration with EngenderHealth headquarters Finance and Operations staff in order to ensure top quality procedures and reporting. This position is contingent upon funder approval of key personnel and availability of funds.
- Master’s degree or other advanced degree in finance, business administration, or other related field . Professional certificate (ACCA, CPA) is mandatory
- Minimum 10 years demonstrated experience in the administration and financial management of a large program of national, and preferably regional/international scope.
- Demonstrated experience in the Ugandan context
- Experience in project administration with multiple partners.
- Demonstrated experience with the finance and administration functions of international Organizations.
- Proven experience in development and implementation of systems for grants and grant monitoring.
- Demonstrated knowledge and technical experience in accounting, administration and operational practices.
- Minimum of 3 years supervisory experience required.
- Experience in management and administration of human resources and personnel issues.
- Knowledge of USAID funding rules and regulations, financial reporting and disclosure requirements.
- Demonstrated skills in negotiations and effective communications with partner organizations and sub-grantees.
- Ability to facilitate decision-making processes and to build constructive alliances internally and externally.
- Ability to provide technical support and training in finance and administration.
- Knowledgeable of logistics and procurements systems for supplies and equipment
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to be flexible and manage and accomplish multiple priorities; goal oriented.
- Knowledgeable about information technology systems, including business software
- Strong leadership and technical skills, with proven capacity to direct and manage change, and inspire high-performing teams.
- Exceptional interpersonal, teamwork, communication, partnering and supervisory skills .
The position is subject to change based on procurement requirements and is contingent upon EngenderHealth being awarded the project and availability of funds.
Please visit the careers page at www.engenderhealth.org to submit your details by Monday, 25th March, 2019. Please include details of your salary requirements and salary history. Only the short-listed candidates will be contacted.