Deadline of this Job: 5:00pm Friday 25th January 2019Duty Station: Uganda , East Africa , 256
JOB TITLE: Digital Marketing Officer
DUTY STATION: UTB Headquarters
SALARY SCALE: UTB T5
REPORTS TO: Senior Marketing Officer
Uganda Tourism Board (UTB), a statutory organization established by Uganda Tourism Board Statute of 1994 and reconstituted in the Tourism Act 2008 Statutory objectives of UTB:
- To promote and contribute to the Development of Tourism sector both within and outside of Uganda.
coordinate with the Ministry responsible for Tourism and the private
sector in the implementation of the National Tourism policy.
- Carry out any other activities as are incidental or conducive to the attainment of the two objectives specified above.
UTB an equal opportunity employer seeks to recruit a suitably qualified and competent Ugandan professional to fill the following position;
1. Digital Marketing Officer
The details of this job advert is on the UTB website: visituganda.com Mode of Application: Interested and eligible Ugandans who meets the above requirements are invited apply.
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To develop, implement, track and optimize Uganda’s tourism digital marketing campaigns across all digital channels
- Develop, plan and manage digital marketing campaigns using a range of techniques including SEO/SEM and PPC.
- Developing and implementing the social media strategy in line with the marketing strategy.
- To assist developing compelling B2B e-marketing campaigns in line with the brand strategy and overall marketing plans.
- Maintaining our social media presence across all digital channels Driving digital development (Mobile optimization) .
and reporting on the performance of all digital marketing campaign Plan
and execute all digital marketing, including SEO/ SEM, marketing
database, email, social media and display advertising campaigns.
- Managing online brand and product campaigns to raise awareness for the brand Destination Uganda.
and report performance of all digital marketing campaigns, and assess
against goals (ROI and KPIs) Identify trends and insights, and optimize
spend and performance based on the insights.
- Plan, execute, and measure experiments and conversion tests
strong analytical ability to evaluate end-to-end customer experience
across multiple channels and customer touch points.
- Performs any other official duties assigned by the superiors from time to time.
- A good Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Computer Science or Information Technology or related field
- Solid understanding of ecommerce, PPC, SEO & SEM.
- Knowledge of media editing software, graphic design (videos and photos).
- Marketing Automation certification will be an additional value.
- A postgraduate training in Digital Marketing is a must.
- Applicants should be computer literate.
working experience in digital marketing, Demonstrable experience
leading and managing SEO/SEM, marketing database, email, social media
and/or display advertising campaigns.
- Interest and understanding of the tourism and marketing fields.
- 3-5 years’ experience in marketing.
- 3-5 years’ of digital marketing experience.
- Should have a strong grasp of current digital marketing tools and strategies.
- Must be able to lead integrated digital marketing campaigns from concept to execution.
creative with experience in identifying target audiences and devising
digital campaigns that engage, inform and motivate.
- Experience in optimizing landing pages and user funnels.
- Solid knowledge of website analytics tools (e.g. Google Analytics, Net Insight, Omniture, Web Trends).
- Working knowledge of ad serving tools (e.g., DART, Atlas).
- Experience in setting up and optimizing Google AdWords campaigns.
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking, web design and management.
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in online marketing and measurement.
Age limit: Not more than 35 Years of age
Job application procedure
Application with detailed CVs (with email, telephone contact and postal address), plus copies of all academic certificates and transcripts, testimonials, copy of valid identity card, contact details (telephone, postal and email addresses) of the three competent referees should be sent by courier or hand delivered to the address below latest 5:00pm Friday 25th January 2019 The Chief Executive Officer Uganda Tourism Board, Plot 42, Rotary Avenue, (Lugogo Bypass) P.O. BOX 7211 KAMPALA Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification.