Main duties and responsibilities:
- Provide support to the Development office functions;
- Build contacts with potential individual donors, corporate companies and assist the Development office to raise funds for activities of the university Universities.
- Research for grant possibilities in the various Embassies, international organisations and other grant making organisations.
- Maintain a database/library of information on the UCU corporate contacts and relations; and maintaining a database of both international and local donor organisations (international foundations, bilateral and multilateral agencies and private corporate offering donations)
- Collect information on donor projects from various departments of the University; regularly search and monitor donor websites; identify and inform the Development office and faculties about donor opportunities matching the work of the University.
- Support the office to search for alternative sources of funding for scholarships and projects and assist in monitoring timelines for grants and reporting.
- Assist the Development office to improve and develop materials such as brochures and other fundraising materials.
- Prepare meetings, take minutes, and send out letters and thank you notes to partners and donors.
- Working with the Development office to identify other innovate ideas for effective resource mobilization and providing assistance in organizing any fundraising events for the University.
- Perform any other duties as maybe required.
Qualifications and experience:
- Must have a Bachelor's degree from a recognized Institution of Higher learning.
- Must have at least two (2) years of working experience performing similar tasks.
- Must have excellent computer skills (Word, Excel, Access, Power point and internet).
- Must have experience in minute taking.
- Must have good interpersonal skills especially when dealing with students, staff and visitors.
- Must be a person of high integrity with an excellent work ethic.
- Must be able to work under pressure to meet deadlines and be available to work after normal working hours.
- Must be a committed and practicing Christian.
- Send two (2) copies of an application letter together with an updated Curriculum Vitae and three references
- Two (2) copies of academic and professional certificates and transcripts
- Please Note: Applications sent online should have all the attachments as ONE PDF document otherwise they will not be considered.
- Applicants who previously applied need not to reapply
The Director, Human Resource & Administration
Uganda Christian University
Po Box 4, Mukono