Re-Advertisement: FEWS NET Uganda Deputy Country Representative
USAID’s Famine Early Warning Systems Network (FEWS NET) is a leading global provider of objective, evidence-based food security information and analysis to inform decisions on humanitarian response and other assistance programs. FEWS NET collaborates with international, regional and national partners to provide timely and rigorous early warning and analysis of potential, emerging, and/or evolving food security issues in order to inform decisions and guide response.
Chemonics International Inc., a leading international consulting firm based in Washington, DC, has been contracted by USAID to manage FEWS NET’s technical and field activities. Chemonics seeks applications from qualified and experienced professionals to fill one full-time Deputy Country Representative (DCR) position in Kampala, Uganda. The DCR will assist the Country Representative (CR) to provide quality control for the deliverables of the project and will help ensure that activities and products are delivered in a timely manner.
Minimum qualifications for the Uganda DCR position include:
- Fluency in English is required, local language skills desirable
- An advanced university degree in a discipline relevant to the work of FEWS NET, such as agricultural economics, agronomy, nutrition, climatology, anthropology, social geography or related field. Significant, directly related professional experience can substitute for education experience.
- At least two years of relevant experience in early warning/food security information systems, food security analysis, or other related fields
- Strong spoken and written communication skills in English
- Excellent computer skills; GIS applications and mapping skills are an advantage
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants in first round need not apply again.
Copy and paste the link below in your browser to apply.
Full details of the position and application information can be found at www.fews.net/vacancies.
The Uganda DCR position will remain open for fresh applications through December 18th, 2019.