Closing date: 31 Mar 2019
Since 1963 and in 146 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that delivers technical and management assistance in agribusiness, financial services, enterprise development, community development and food security in order to promote broad-based economic growth and vibrant civil society.
Food Security Lead, Deputy Chief of Party, Kenya
ACDI/VOCA is currently seeking a Food Security Technical Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) for the upcoming USAID Title II Development Food Security Activity (DFSA) in Kenya. The DFSA in Kenya is anticipated to be a multi-year project to address the underlying causes of chronic food insecurity. The activity will aim to increase food security in the most vulnerable households in northern Kenya. To achieve this, the ACDI/VOCA team will ensure the implementation of interventions designed to increase incomes, ensure access to nutritious food year-round, improve household nutrition and hygiene practices, and strengthen governance in communities affected by shocks and stresses.
The Deputy Chief of Party will support the COP in developing the strategic direction and providing technical advice across all program components in the planning, designing and implementation of activities. The Food Security Technical DCOP will be highly experienced in a broad spectrum of food security technical focus areas with responsibilities including, but not limited to the following:Responsibilities
- Establish and manage systems to ensure cohesion across all technical sectors of the activity.
- Ensure technical interventions are integrated, layered and sequenced appropriately at all levels of implementation within the activity, and USAID investments.
- Ensure the achievement of activity goals and objectives in line with annual plans by providing technical advice and direction to the activity team.
- Oversee day-to-day planning, design and operations of project and technical teams to ensure effective project implementation.
- Ensure achievement of learning objectives and use results to adapt program design as needed.
- Prepare and/or assist in the preparation of reports and documents to USAID, national governments, ACDI/VOCA headquarters and other partner organizations.
- Oversee and provide technical guidance to the directors for agriculture productivity, enterprise development, finance and investment, and nutrition.
- Preparation or supervision of work plans, financial, logistical and other documents.
- Supervision and evaluation of technical team.
- Advanced degree in Agriculture, Business, International Development, Public Health, or other relevant sectors
- At least 5 years minimum relevant experience required
- Extensive experience working on food security issues
- Proven leadership skills and demonstrated experience recruiting, developing and mentoring, and managing staff
- Thorough knowledge of food security conditions, social issues and cross-cultural context in Kenya
- A record of successful performance on USAID-funded activities
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with activity stakeholders: donors, partners, local government institutions, local communities and vulnerable groups, etc.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Fluency in English required; professional proficiency in Swahili desired
Please apply directly online at www.acdivoca.org/international-jobs. The applications will be reviewed promptly upon receipt, only finalists will be contacted. ACDI/VOCA is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities and people from diverse groups are encouraged to apply.