About the Company
Mandated by the Uganda Cancer Institute Act of 2016, the UCI is an autonomous body, with the mandate to, among others, undertake and coordinate the management of cancer and cancer-related diseases in Uganda. it is critical to the evolution of a National Centre of Excellence, providing specialized treatment and care for all types of cancer using all the available subspecialty expertise possible, as well as engineering oncology-centered research and training.
Post: Data Entry Clerk
No. of Vacancies: 02
Salary Scale: U5
Reports to: Biostatistician
Qualiﬁcations and experience
- Diploma in Computer Science or a related ﬁeld from a recognized University or Institution
Duties and responsibilities
- Prepares source data for computer entry by compiling and sorting information; establishing entry priorities.
- Processes source documents by reviewing data for deﬁciencies; resolving discrepancies by using standard procedures or returning incomplete documents to the team lead er for resolution.
- Enters all institutional data by inputting alphabetic and numeric information on keyboard or optical scanner according to screen format.
- Maintains data entry requirements by following data program techniques and procedures.
- Veriﬁes entered data by reviewing, correcting, deleting, or reentering data; combining data from both systems when account information is incomplete; purging ﬁles to eliminate duplication of data.
- Tests system changes and upgrades by inputting new data; reviewing output.
- Secures information by completing data base backups.
- Maintains operations by following Institutional policies and procedures; reporting needed changes.
- Carry out any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
Job application procedure
Uganda Cancer institute therefore seeks to recruit suitably qualiﬁed, self-driven, result oriented, dynamic and competent Ugandans to ﬁll the following vacant positions. Interested persons should address their applications including copies of their academic, professional transcripts, certiﬁcates, curriculum vitae, and employment records to the Executive Director Uganda Cancer Institute, P.O Box 3935 Kampala. The applications should be delivered to the Registry on Administrative Block. The deadline for receiving the applications is 31st August 2018. You can also download the same advert from the Institute's website: www.uci.or.ug