Title : PROJECT ASSISTANT
Category : Programmes
Location : Rhino Camp
Date : 05.01.2018
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a private, independent humanitarian organization working to provide durable solutions and promote human security.
In Uganda, DRC works in North, North-Western, South-Western and North-Eastern regions in a range of emergency/development support for the refugees and communities in need with the aim of saving lives by providing protection and humanitarian assistance, and creating livelihoods (for more information go to www.drc.dk)).
The Project Assistant’s primary function is to follow up of shelter activities at the Rhino Camp.
The candidate is expected to exercise full compliance with DRC programming, financial, procurement and administrative rules, regulations, policies and strategies, as well as implementation of the effective internal control systems.
The Project Assistant will perform the following tasks:
• Pro-actively contribute to day-to-day project implementation and ensure conformity to expected results and project work-plan;
• Maintain project correspondence and communication;
• Collect, register and maintain all information on project activities;
• Advise all project counterparts on applicable administrative procedures and ensures their proper implementation;
• Contribute to the preparation and implementation of progress reports;
• Prepare agendas and arrange field visits, appointments and meetings both internal and external related to the project activities and write minutes from the meetings;
• Maintain project filing system;
• Prepare routine correspondence and memoranda for Project Managers signature;
• Receive, screen and distribute correspondence and attach necessary background information.
• Follow-up on timely disbursements by DRC;
• Assist in the preparation of payments requests for operational expenses, salaries, insurance, etc. against project budget and work plan;
• Support the preparations of project work-plan and operational and financial planning processes;
• Monitor project activities, budget and financial expenditures and maintain a proper record of approved project budgets and their revisions;
• Prepare proposals for budget revisions;
• Prepare and submit expenditure and programme budget status reports;
• Prepare recurring reports as scheduled and special reports as required for budget preparations and audit;
• Advise and assist international advisors and national consultants on all aspects of allowances, travel claims and other financial matters and calculate payments due for claims and services;
• Undertake other financial and administrative tasks on an ad hoc basis.
• In accordance with the Work Plan arrange for procurement of equipment, supplies and services;
• Arrange for equipment maintenance and insurance as required;
• Ensure that contractual processes follow the stipulated DRC procedures;
• Physically clear and ensure delivery of equipment and supplies procured for the various programme sites;
• Maintain records over project equipment inventory.
Perform other duties as assigned.
- The applicant should hold a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- Previous exposure and experience from working with shelter projects in a humanitarian/recovery context
- At least three years of previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own skills/profile
- Handling insecure environments
- Working with people
- Planning and delivering results
- Communicate with impact and respect
Applications should be in English and include the following:
A cover letter (1 page) in which you explain why you are interested in the position and how you meet the qualities and qualifications criteria and salary expectations.
Concise and accurate CV (maximum 3 pages). The CV should include information about your qualification, relevant training courses, Work experience, name and contact details of 3 relevant references.
Please send your Cover letter, CV and Academic certificates by email to email@example.com 18th January 2018 5:00pm clearly indicating position name in the subject line. We thank applicants for their interest in the position however; only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.