JOB TITLE : CREDIT SUPERVISOR
COMPANY : ELEGLANCE FINANCE LTD
LOCATION : HEAD OFFICE
DEPARTMENT : CREDIT
Eleglance Finance is a privately-owned microfinance institution dedicated in delivering benefits of financial services tailored to individuals, groups and SMEs that find it challenging to access services from mainstream banks. Our investment goes beyond providing capital but creating innovative solutions tailored towards financial needs of a growing private equity. We opened doors in May 2012 and have since then expanded to 4 branches (Entebbe, Soroti, Lira and Kamwokya) with our headquarters in Entebbe.
To oversee the operations in liaison with the MD, explicitly in the formulation and implementation of Business strategy, providing oversight on business operations and in the preparation of strategic plans and ensure improved performance, profitability, effective risk control by ensuring effective Planning, developing, implementing and reviewing strategic policies and procedures for promoting secure, effective, efficient and profitable credit activities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Constant monitoring and review of credit policies in line with changes in developments in the industry.
2. Participate in the setting of loan targets for credit staff at the branch and ensure achievement of the targets while operating within established limits for credit extension in accordance with the organization targets.
3. Review portfolio analysis reports and other relevant reports for the entire department before availing them to all the stakeholders for decision making purpose.
4. Participate in the planning and monitoring of the institution strategic plan and advice management appropriately.Work in liaison with the branch managers/credit administrators in preparation of lending targets and work with recovery team on written off and non-performing loans in accordance with EFL’s recovery guidelines.
5. Risk and Compliance
· Ensuring internal policies and procedures and sound business practices are adhered in the department.
· Carrying out routine compliance checks(inform of on and off-site checks, snap/spot checks and follow up checks) to ensure business operations are conducted in compliance with applicable laws/regulations /guidelines.
· Ensure Risk Management policy is in place and being implemented
· Attend risk management committee meetings such as Ralco, Liquidity, credit and conferences of interested parties in the field of risk management.
· Carry out spot checks on client businesses and securities on a weekly basis minimum of 5 checks.
6. Supervision and Monitoring
· Ensure that all Credit Administrators and or Branch Managers follow and implement policies and procedures.
· Spot-check approved applications.
· Set performance goals for Branch Managers and monitor performance as per procedures.
· Implement the performance management system at institution wide level for Branch Managers.
· Ensure that turnaround time register is effectively maintained and utilized in branches.
7. Marketing Strategies
· Develop and implement marketing strategies in order to maximize the profitability of the business.
· Develop marketing plans for the department that target the institution’s clientele that includes micro entrepreneurs, market associationsand Salary earners.
· Ensure that competition and positioning of the institution’s products does not expose its overall performance.
· Monitor business progress by providing support to Branch staff when undertaking marketing activities.
8. Departmental Reporting
· Prepare and submit departmental portfolio and other financial reports timely and on a regular basis.
· Complete summary departmental reports of supervision and monitoring activities timely and on a regular basis.
· Supervise, mentor, coach and appraise branch managers and other subordinate staff.
9. Loan Approvals
· Coordinate the activities of the credit committee for loan applications above branch level.
· Ensure quality of analysis by all Branch Managers.
· Coordinate the credit committee at Head office for Loan approvals.
10. Coordination of Branch operations
· Expansion development of Credit activities.
· Preparation of Budgets and periodical reports for control of credit activities.
· Review and analysis of periodical performance figures (results)
· Overall review and maintenance of quality ofcreditfacilities.
· Conduct periodical meetings with branch staff.
· Ensuring quality growth of the loan book.
· Ensure that staff are trained for the jobs they perform.
· Sanctioning all approved loans up to branch level.
· Ensure safe custody for the loan securities and files in the branch in line with Eleglance credit policies and procedures.
P POSITION REQUIREMENTS
· The ideal candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree in business administration, commerce, Economics, Microfinance, Development Economics or any other relevant business-related course from a reputable university.
· Candidates should have atleast 5 years ‘and above working experience in credit administration.
· Candidates must be knowledgeable in computer applications especially MS Office and should be aged between 25 – 40 years
S SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
· Must be able to ride a motorcycle and should possess a valid riding permit.
· Excellent communication and negotiation skill.
· Knowledge of Microsoft excel for data entry and analysis is essential and mandatory.
Other Required Skills & Competencies:
· Should be honest, well organized, results oriented and reliable.
· Should be a team player and a self-starter.
· Should be self-motivated, innovative with a passion to achieve steep targets.
· Should possess a strong personality and dynamism.
· Should be able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment and under pressure.
· Should demonstrate commercial awareness and ability to manage costs and maximize income for the organization.
· Should have ability to plan, organize and prioritize work.
· Possess a work ethic that includes neatness, punctuality, attention to detail and accuracy.
· Excellent interpersonal skills to facilitate interaction with the clients and other staff.
How to apply:
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience, then apply immediately and send CV, copies of certified academic and professional certificates, current salary, salary expectations, names of 3 referees and a daytime telephone contact (saved as one document) in either word or PDF format to email@example.com not later than 20th December 2019 or deliver it to our Head office at the address below:
Eleglance Finance Limited
Plot 16 Fulu Road
Tel. No. 0393202749 or 0758202749
Please note that recruitment is ongoing as the applications come in.