JOB PROFILE FOR A CREDIT
Power’s mission is to empower people in Uganda to improve their standard of
living by building a last mile- customer centric sales and distribution
network in order to enable access to solar energy solutions.
Specialist will play the very important role of managing debt
station for this role is at the head office in Kampala although one may be
required to travel upcountry from time to time. This function reports to the Head of Finance
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Design and implement credit and recovery policies.
2. Control bad debt exposure and expenses through the
direct management of credit terms on the company’s ledgers.
3. Credit check new customers and open new credit
accounts ensuring the Village Power has all the relevant information on the
4. Ensure debts are paid in a timely manner.
5. Meet cash and debtor day targets.
6. Maintain an accurate record of all chasing activity
and provide a weekly performance report.
7. Handle disputed bills and negotiate to bring all
payment within the agreed terms.
8. Monitor the accounts receivables portfolio for trend
and warning signs.
9. Advise on the legal and other recovery actions
against bad debtors.
10. Work closely with the sales team to follow up any
11. Define and manage key performance indicators for
credit and recovery support team.
12. Any other duties that may be assigned by supervisor
from time to time
Competence , skills & attributes
1. Proven experience as a credit specialist for at least
2. Strong analytical skills
3. A strategic thinker
4. Industry knowledge would be of great advantage
5. A solid education or training in credit management
meet the above criteria and believe you would be a valuable addition to our
dynamic team, please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org