JOB TITLE : CREDIT OFFICER
COMPANY: ELEGLANCE FINANCE LIMITED
DEPARTMENT : CREDIT
Eleglance Finance is a privately owned microfinance institution dedicated in delivering benefits of financial services tailored to individuals, groups and SMEs that find it challenging to access services from mainstream banks. Our investment goes beyond providing capital but creating innovative solutions tailored towards financial needs of a growing private equity. We opened doors in May 2012 and have since then expanded to 4 branches (Entebbe, Soroti, Lira and Kamwokya) with our headquarters in Entebbe.
The Credit officer will ensure smooth running of the operations department by carrying out proper control measures and adhering to set out policies and procedures, to maintain a clean portfolio with PAR of not more than 3% by carrying out proper loan appraisals in accordance to set policies and procedures.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Asses’ client’s qualifications to receive loans applied for based on the credit policy manual. Interview clients to clearly explain the lending procedures and requirements of EFL.
· Ensure that all required documents for loan processing are prepared and submitted to the credit committee for approvals. Advises clients on necessary documentation
· Ensures that all loan application forms are processed at the earliest possible time.
· Conducts risk assessments to ensure optimum recovery of funds disbursed.
· Advises management on reviews of loan policies and procedures to ensure they are consistent and capable in delivering the strategy of the company.
· Stay abreast of new types of loans, financial services and products in order to best meet clients’ needs.
· Develops on-going relationships between the company and the clients with the objectives of achieving high levels of customer loyalty and satisfaction.
· Handle customer complaints and take appropriate action to resolve them.
· Ensure all filing of credit and loan information is done in a timely and accurate manner.
· Contribute towards the overall achievement of branch performance targets by playing an active role as part of the of the branch team.
· Develops and implements customer satisfaction measurements and performance quality reviews.
· Follow up on loans outstanding he/she is responsible for, regularly providing a report to the credit administrator
· Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
· Contribute to Identifying new potential clients to further the business of EFL.
· The ideal candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree in any business-related course preferably Business Administration from a reputable University.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
· A fresh graduate or with less than one year experience in the credit institution.
· Must be able and willing to ride a motorcycle and should possess a valid riding permit or willing to learn within the first month when appointed.
· Should be fluent in the commonly used local languages and ready to work in any of our branches.
· Should not be more than 30 years
· Ability to plan, organize and prioritize work.
· Self-driven and result - oriented
· Demonstrate the highest level of ethical behavior.
· Remain flexible in order to adapt to changes in work environment.
· Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
· Possess a work ethic that includes neatness, punctuality, attention to detail and accuracy.
· Basic computer skills, including e-mail, word processing and spreadsheets.
· Excellent interpersonal skills to facilitate interaction with the clients and other staff.
How to apply:
All candidates interested in joining our awesome team are welcome to email their CV, cover letter and academic documents to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12th July 2019
Please note that recruitment is on going as the applications come in