JOB TITLE: CREDIT ADMINISTRATOR
COMPANY: ELEGANCE FINANCE LIMITED
LOCATION: KAMWOKYA BRANCH
Elegance Finance is a privately-owned microfinance institution dedicated in delivering benefits of financial services tailored to individuals, groups and SMEs that find it challenging to access services from mainstream banks. Our investment goes beyond providing capital but creating innovative solutions tailored to the financial needs of a growing private equity. We opened doors in May 2012 and have since then expanded to 4 branches (Entebbe, Soroti, Lira and Kamwokya) with our headquarters in Entebbe.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To maintain, train and motivate individual Credit Officers
· Trains less experienced individual credit officers on the credit policies and procedures.
· Carries out a performance review of credit officers ensuring that they are appraised based on SMART objectives.
· Ensures effective management of poor performance and disciplinary actions, when necessary.
· Coaches encourage and mentors credit officers.
· Encourages teamwork and the sharing of best practices amongst all credit officers.
· Holds regular reporting and planning meetings with individual credit officers.
· Promotes company values and sets a personal example to individual credit officers.
· Evaluates, monitors and controls the performance of individual loans against agreed performance standards and targets and takes corrective action on reported delinquent accounts
· Prepares individual loan operations updates on a daily, weekly and monthly basis and analyses reports vis-à-vis performance targets.
· Validates information received from individual credit officers regarding default payments, business activity and other issues that may arise during the client and field visits.
Monitors loan approval, disbursement, and collection.
· Communicates credit policies and procedures and objective standards and parameters for individual loans to credit officers.
· Communicates clear guidelines and procedures including pre-loan eligibility requirements, client screening, collateral, product design, loan approval accountability and authority levels, repayment terms and incentives, delinquency and default management.
· Monitors individual loan processes and administration activities ensuring compliance to policy guidelines including adequacy and security of collateral.
· Recommends approval of loans and ensures that the appropriate amount is recommended for re-loans.
· Ensures that approved loans are processed and released on the agreed date.
· Reviews pre-qualification assessment reports prepared by individual credit officers.
· Interviews clients prior to release of loans to ensure that they are fully aware of their responsibilities.
· Reviews collection report per individual credit officer taking note of delinquent payments and ensuring that corrective action is taken.
Builds and maintains client relationships, business development and marketing opportunities.
· Supports and trains individual credit officers to effectively communicate the organization’s products and services and individual credit policies and procedures.
· Assists management in developing and implementing an expansion and market penetration program including new products and expansion into new areas, and in identifying new business opportunities.
· Actively promote bank products and services to potential clients.
· Ensures that clients receive quality products and services through the regular client interface, dealing with them with respect and integrity.
· Fosters the importance of long term relationships among the team.
· Implements cost controls, marketing and income-generating efforts and monitors expenses to ensure compliance with budget.
· Contributes to the overall profitability of the company by implementing cost controls, marketing and income generation efforts, and monitoring expenses to ensure compliance to budget.
· Develops and maintains knowledge of microfinance industry, economy, market conditions, competition and relationships with other banks and financial institutions
Perform any other duties as may be assigned by management
POSITION REQUIREMENTS QUALIFICATIONS
· The ideal candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree in business administration, commerce, Economics, Microfinance, Development Economics or any other relevant business-related course from a reputable university.
· Candidates should have at least 2 years’and above working experience in credit administration.
· Candidates must be knowledgeable in computer applications especially MS Office and should be aged between 25 – 35 years SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
· Must be able to ride a motorcycle and should possess a valid riding permit.
· Should be fluent in the commonly used local languages and ready to work in any of our branches.
· Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
· Knowledge of Microsoft Excel for data entry and the analysis is essential and mandatory.
Other Required Skills & Competencies:
· Should be honest, well organized, results-oriented and reliable.
· Should be a team player and a self-starter.
· Should be self-motivated, innovative with a passion to achieve steep targets.
· Should possess a strong personality and dynamism.
· Should be able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment and under pressure.
· Should demonstrate commercial awareness and the ability to manage costs and maximize income for the organization.
· Should have the ability to plan, organize and prioritize work.
· Demonstrate the highest level of ethical behavior.
· Remain flexible in order to adapt to changes in the work environment.
· Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
· Possess a work ethic that includes neatness, punctuality, attention to detail and accuracy.
· Basic computer skills, including e-mail, word processing, and spreadsheets.
· Excellent interpersonal skills to facilitate interaction with the clients and other staff.
· Maturity, honesty, integrity and a strong sense of ethics
· Demonstrated ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
· Patience and understanding
· To be persuasive, persistent and firm
How to apply:
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience, then apply immediately and send CV, copies of certified academic and professional certificates, current salary, salary expectations, names of 3 referees and a daytime telephone contact (saved as one document) in either word or PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 21st October 2019 or deliver it to our Head office at the address below:
Elegance Finance Limited
Plot 16 Fulu Road
Tel. No.0393202749 or 0758202749
Please note that recruitment is ongoing as the applications come in.