The Head Sales will take the responsibility for the overall delivery by and management of the Branch, Telesales, Personal & Business Solutions teams for our team. The incumbent will also be the coordinator of, with overall accountability for, total sales delivery across all segments and channels by defining, implementing and supporting sales strategies aligned to those of Personal and Business Banking. The Head Sales will ensure the institution's sales strategies, activities and tactics to business objectives and to local market potential and expectations across all segments, channels and product houses are all aligned. The incumbent will support the Bank in ensuring that PBB strategic directive is translated into feasible sales and sales support initiatives and marketing tactics for the local markets. The Head Sales will also ensure the effective integration and coordination of all sales units in the Bank into a cohesive sales platform.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Sales Attraction and Management:
- Formulate and implement sales attraction strategies that will facilitate the achievement of sales objectives within different segments of the local market.
- Oversight of all the direct, acquisition sales functions in order to put profitable business on the books through the acquisition and retention of new-to-bank customers in the appropriate segments.
- Coordinate and drive sales activities across all products and channels to effectively improve and optimise revenue growth, expand business and improve sales productivity.
- The incumbent will also coordinate and integrate all sales units, including those managed by product houses, into an effective and cohesive sales force.
- Ensure the effective leveraging of business opportunities through personal and business interplay.
- Keenly monitor PBB sales performance and identify areas of concern. Coordinate the development and implementation of corrective tactics to address under performance.
- The incumbent will also ensure effective lead generation, management and fulfilment across all channels and business partners to enhance customer value extraction.
- Overall responsibility for the execution of all sales initiatives across the Bank.
- The jobholder will also identify new opportunities for the Bank to engage with all stakeholders that will influence and increase business at all levels
- Research and analyse the local market to understand key business drivers, market changes and influences, customer behaviour, opportunities, and competitor activity. Develop and implement appropriate bank-wide sales activities based on research findings.
- Identify strengths and weaknesses in the sales operation and ensure that suitable actions are taken to address concerns and maximise strengths.
- Coordinate the process of ensuring the creation of adequate sales capacity and optimisation of sales resources.
- Drive reward and recognition programs in the Business Unit through the appropriate line management functions.
- Responsibility as final arbiter of channel conflict.
- Send feedback as efficiently as possible to the network and perform the role of clearing house. Provide feedback to the appropriate head office entities regarding customer and product in order to enhance/ improve offerings.
- Overall responsibility for ensuring the development, implementation and execution of marketing initiatives that support the business objectives.
- Ensure a consistent, encompassing customer experience and growing our new-to-bank customer base through effective and efficient on-boarding and referral process.
- Ensure respective acquisition channels conduct needs analyses to identify customer needs effectively when opening new accounts or offering appropriate products,
- Ensure complete disclosure to the customers in terms of accreditation service fees, and commission.
- Ensure proper record keeping
- Play a strong governance role regarding the National Credit Act across all channels and segments.
- Identify and manage business risks from both a customer and bank perspective by ensuring that appropriate control mechanisms are in place to minimise risk exposure.
- Ensure compliance with rules, regulations and legislation governing the Ugandan financial services industry.
Cost and Business Management:
- Overall responsibility for delivery against the sales budget.
- Regularly monitor and manage sales performance, ensuring the sales tactics are monitored and adjusted as needed to remain competitive and to secure increasing market share. This includes leveraging the market and available resources to maximise profitability.
- Ensure the prudent management of corporate assets.
- Build and maintain healthy working relationships with the management of branch and business banking (regional managers, suite heads, credit managers etc) to ensure a cooperative, collective management of an effective sales force.
- Maintain a visible and active presence in the local market to establish new relationships and support existing relationships in order to enhance acquisition of new-to-bank customers.
- Establish and maintain an internal relationship network with key stakeholders in Branch & Business Banking, Marketing, Private Banking, VAF, Credit and CIB, as well as with independent financial agents to market product and service offerings.
- Build a professional image in the network and ensure that synergies and teamwork takes place in order to optimise sales delivery.
- Act as point of entry for other channels regarding sales.
- Foster a team approach by actively building strong working relationships with management and staff.
- Support the change manager regarding any change initiatives to be implemented to reduce disruption to normal business activities.
- Ensure that clear sales targets and goals are set for all sales staff.
- Ensure that all sales resources are profiled and recruited accordingly.
- Facilitate the alignment of all sales structures into a cohesive and complimentary sales force.
- Foster equity within sales teams, actively ensuring that transformation targets are met.
- Monitor and manage the performance, development and career planning of acquisition staff.
- Provide guidance and coaching to staff regarding sales activities
- Implement appropriate sales training programmes in conjunction with stakeholders.
- Develop and implement an effective reward and recognition system that speaks to individual and team needs.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Country Head of Sales career placement should hold a relevant first degree in Business e.g. BCom, Marketing etc
- At least eight to ten years’ experience in a Personal & Business Banking environment.
- Proven sales track record in the financial services industry.
- Previous exposure and experience in leading a large diverse sales team
- Extensive knowledge of business economics and financial management principles and practice.
- Strong financial acumen / understanding of practical financial management.
- Knowledge of sales and marketing theory and principles.
- Knowledge of products across segments.
- Knowledge and understanding of market segmentation value propositions and customer profiles per micro–market.
- Knowledge of distribution channels available and how these can be leveraged.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the back office sales administration systems, procedures and processes.
- Knowledge of sales delivery benchmarks and standards.
- Knowledge of local competitor tactics, distribution channels and product offerings.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the credit scoring process and lending criteria.
To express interest in this role, send your CV and cover letter complete with academic documents to email@example.com and use the position title as the subject line
Applications will be reviewed and interviews conducted on a rolling basis
Deadline: Open till filled.