Do you love civic technology? Are you a data aficionado? Are you interested in improving public service delivery to citizens in and around Uganda? Are you ready to lead a dynamic and quickly growing team of young technologists, data scientists and designers?
You’re in the right place!
Pollicy believes in the power of data to revolutionize how governments deliver services to their citizens. We aim to digitally transform government services across Africa through an information-centric approach and craft better life experiences by harnessing improved data.
There are major gaps within government and stakeholders in collecting data, analyzing this data and using this data within planning, budgeting and programming. By improving data processes, we can improve how services are delivered, how budgets are allocated, how citizens interact with governments and how organizations advocate for social change.
Country Director Role
Pollicy is seeking a Country Director in Uganda to support and help realize our mission, vision and goals. We are looking for someone dynamic, flexible and creative to lead our operations in Uganda. The Country Director will work closely with the CEO/Founder to develop and design Pollicy’s programmes and structures.
Job tasks will include:
· You will lead the conceptualization, implementation and evaluation of the overall country strategy, and of individual programme objectives.
· You will be responsible for business development and fundraising, together with the CEO to further develop our programmes, trainings and expansion.
· You will work closely with the Finance Officer on all aspects related to finance and ensure that comprehensive and timely reports are produced in accordance with pre-determined schedules.
· You will ensure that there is appropriate liaison and negotiation with the relevant government partners, regional and local authorities, donors, local agencies etc. at all levels of project implementation.
Who should apply?
We are looking for mid-career professionals interested in working on civic technology issues pertinent to sub-saharan Africa. Strong preference for women and Ugandan candidates.
You must have:
Master’s degree in a relevant field
- At least 5–7 years work experience in a relevant field
- Experience with organization management
- Have experience working on data collection, analysis and/or visualization
- Demonstrated experience in mobilizing resources and business development
- Proven track record of success in representing an organisation with partners, government agencies, private sector organisations, media and donors at senior level, national and internationally
- Proven track record of applying new technologies to programming or make use of existing technologies to innovatively inﬂuence program design and delivery
- Fluent in English
Candidates must also have:
Good communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to pass on
information clearly to both technical and non-technical staff
- Commitment to frequent and timely communication with local and international-based partners
- Evidence of leadership and management experience with tangible positive outcomes
- Strong and creative problem solving skills with the ability to exercise good judgement in the resolution of problems
- Ability to multi-task and deliver on several different project needs at the same time
- Ability to work under minimum supervision. Interest and experience working in civic technology and a commitment to working with government and civil society on solving public service challenges
- Experience using technology within prior work
Here’s what’s next!
Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV, a brief statement of interest telling us why you’re interested in this position and believe you are a good fit for the role, and a short writing sample answering the following questions:
1. What is one major challenge in Uganda that you would like to work on improving?
2. What would be your potential solution to this challenge?
3. What time frame do you think would be feasible to implement this solution?
Start date: January 15th, 2019
to apply: December 15th, 2018
We will start interviewing on a rolling basis.
You can learn more about Pollicy at pollicy.org, on Twitter at @PollicyOrg or on Facebook!