Founded in 2012, Jibu is pioneering a powerful new model that provides opportunities for entrepreneurs to own businesses that ensure access to basic human necessities in underserved, emerging market communities. Jibu has scaled a network of locally owned, economically independent franchises that provide safe drinking water to their communities while offering life-changing training and employment. Empowered by a belief in the ability of eye-to-eye partnership to unleash latent entrepreneurial talent, Jibu is transforming the challenge of addressing basic human needs into an expansive opportunity that allows thousands of young entrepreneurs to build lasting solutions, one neighborhood at a time. The company’s ultimate vision is to train, finance, and grow a network of co-invested business owners who will revolutionize the way critical resources participate in emerging markets. For additional information, please visit: http://jibuco.com/
Position: Country Director
Location: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: COO
Start Date: ASAP
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION
Jibu is looking for an energetic country director who is a creative problem-solver and wishes to commit a minimum of three years to help lead a rapidly growing company to make a profit while also making a big social impact. The successful candidate will be a talented, motivated and hands-on manager with a proven track record to lead a team to success, drive results and contribute to the continuous improvement of the business. The position requires mid-level management experience and offers tremendous potential for growth.
This position requires:
- A leader who can respond with agility to dynamic internal and external challenges that include meeting the needs of franchisees, community leaders and government officials
- A problem-solver eager to work creatively and persistently to get the job done
- A team player who provides leadership and capacity to the Jibu Team in Uganda and the connection to Jibu’s global leadership
- An individual who has the ability to work strategically, flexibly and persistently to solve tough challenges
- An innovator who brings ideas and drives the implementation of those to spearhead the development and scaling of the Jibu brand in Uganda
- An entrepreneurial mindset with a focus on growing a business, managing costs and implementing measures to ensure continuous improvement
- A strong communicator able to liaise between international members and stakeholders
- Proven operations and project management skills
- Proven interpersonal, relationship and people management skills
The CD will be responsible for overseeing and managing all aspects of business expansion within Uganda. This includes the recruitment, vetting and onboarding of new Franchises to grow the Franchise Network significantly.
The CD leads the Ugandan Team to support all individual Franchisees on their success journey and ultimately increase the sales of all Franchisees while keeping a close eye on profitability.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in setting the strategic direction for Jibu Uganda and beyond. Be involved in the business planning and budgeting process for 2020 and own the implementation.
- Represent Jibu’s interests in overseeing and managing Franchisees and all business activities.
- Develop and implement business processes and tactical plans.
- Effectively develop and lead the Jibu Ugandan staff team.
- Take responsibility for stakeholder management, regulatory compliance, and governance.
- Work closely with the Jibu executive team in assessing business strategy, evaluating and assessing opportunities in the existing market.
- Ugandan nationals only
- At least 5 years’ business experience, a minimum of two at a management level
- Proven track record of leadership in a rapidly growing team of professionals with diverse backgrounds and international experience
- Motivated by impact with strong entrepreneurial and business instincts
- Strong understanding of Uganda business environment and proven active local network of relevant stakeholders
- Strong project management and operations skills
- Personality profile: practical, organized, results-oriented achiever, responsive, persistent, likable, resourceful, disciplined, high level of emotional intelligence and interpersonal skills, professional who likes challenges
JOB ADVERTISEMENT - JIBU UGANDA COUNTRY DIRECTOR
- Fluent English language skills, as well as knowledge of local languages
- Franchising experience a plus
This position is open to Ugandan Nationals only. Female candidates particularly encouraged to apply.
Apply using this link to fill out the application form and upload your CV and motivation letter as PDFs.
Please label the PDF documents as YOURNAME_CV and YOURNAME_coverletter.
We will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis, so please apply as soon as possible. Due to the volume of applications, we may not be able to respond to every individual application we receive. If you do not receive an invitation for an interview from us within 2 weeks of applying, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Note: This position is open only to Ugandan Nationals or persons holding a valid work permit for Uganda