The British High Commission is the diplomatic liaison office that aims to develop and maintain close bilateral relations with Uganda, in accordance with British government policies. The British High Commission is responsible for the political relationship between the UK and Uganda, and we provide advice and guidance on political and governance issues. BHC provides assistance and documentary services to British nationals in Uganda. The UK Trade and Investment Section provides assistance to both British and Ugandan businesses.
Job Summary: The Corporate Services Assistant based in the Corporate Services Team will be responsible and accountable for delivering diligent administrative support services to enhance customer satisfaction specifically in Protocol, Procurement, Reception and visitor handling services.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Protocol – 50%
- Support UK-based staff: accreditation with the MFA of UK based staff and families to include processing of work permits, dependant’s pass, diplomatic IDs etc. and arranging visas for travel in a timely manner.
- Logistical support: arrange customs clearance and delivery (incoming and outgoing) of personal effects of UK based staff including unaccompanied airfreight and heavy baggage and all other official consignments for Embassy use expeditiously.
- Arrange customs clearance, registration, deregistration, and shipments of the Embassy official vehicles and UK based staff private cars. Assisting with the sale and purchase arrangements for both official and private vehicles.
Procurement – 30%
- Use a Government Purchase Card (GPC) to purchase various good and services for Post for purchases of £1,500 and under.
- Conduct market survey as required by budget holders to update and keep current the Mission agreed supplier list to reduce bureaucracy and delays in procurements.
- Raise requisitions with PRISM and submit to CSM for approvals
- Support budget holders to develop scopes and TORs for procurement and contracts.
- Schedule and arrange technical review panels as required for tenders and contracts; and support contract manager to file and keep up-to-date contract management files for contracts.
- Carry out store inventory and on spot checks as requested by CSM.
Administrative Support – 20%
- Serve as relief and alternate BHC receptionist, receiving calls and directing visitors. Receiving and sorting mail including diplomatic mail.
- Manage stationery and IT consumables stores. Maintain up-to-date stores records and records of issuances. Notify IT Manager when reorder levels have been reached.
- Arrange hotel and airport pickups for staff and visitors including new UK based arrivals coming to post. Liaise as necessary with airlines and travel management contractor as necessary to make airline reservations for staff and visitors.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the British High Commission (BHC) Corporate Services Assistant job must hold a Diploma/Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Procurement, Logistics or similar discipline.
- Previous exposure and experience in delivering Administrative, Protocol and Procurement services
- Strong interpersonal and oral communication skills
- Strong customer skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Desirable qualifications, skills and experience
- Good writing skills
- Competencies: Collaborating and Partnering, Delivering Value for Money, Managing a Quality Service, Delivering at Pace
How to Apply
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join the British High Commission in the aforementioned capacity should apply by clicking on the link below.
Click Here : https://fco.tal.net/vx/lang-en-GB/mobile-0/channel-1/appcentre-1/brand-2/candidate/so/pm/4/pl/1/opp/7478-Corporate-Services-Assistant-A2-05-18-KPL/en-GB
Deadline: 3rd December 2018