At CARE, we seek a world of hope, tolerance and social justice, where poverty has been overcome and people live with dignity and security.
This has been our vision since 1945, when we were founded to send lifesaving CARE Packages® to survivors of World War II. Today, CARE is a global leader in the movement to eradicate poverty. In 2016, CARE worked in 94 countries and reached 80 million people with an incredible range of life-saving programs. We also put women and girls at the center of our work because we know that we cannot overcome poverty until all people have equal rights and opportunities. We seek dynamic, innovative thinkers to further our mission. If you share our core beliefs: poverty is an injustice; poverty is solvable; and together, we have the power to end it, join us.
CARE seeks a highly experienced and passionate Consortium Manager(CM) to provide leadership to a protection /GBV consortium of three international NGOs led by CARE and also including local implementing partners, targeting South Sudanese and Congolese refugees in Uganda. S/he will facilitate an integrated participatory approach in project management, supervision, coordination, planning, and implementation among Consortium members and partners across the various locations of operation with a focus on cross-learning, 360 degrees accountability and monitoring integration aspects. S/he will oversee all project management, administration, procurement, financial and human resource management according to CARE and donor rules and regulations. S/he will ensure effective implementation of project’s visibility and communication plan; communicate regularly with CARE Denmark, the CARE Member Partner (CMP) holding the donor contract about progress and challenges; help facilitate the integration of the project with CARE’s longer-term and humanitarian programming.
The CM will act as CARE’s and the Consortium primary representative for the project in local, national, and international level fora. S/he will facilitate smooth coordination between the Consortium members and local implementing partners and other agencies from Government as well as the UN and other INGOs, active in the delivery of Protection and GBV interventions to avoid duplication, leverage comparative strengths, and contribute to joint advocacy. The incumbent shall fully comply with safety and security procedures of CARE and should be accountable for it.
Reporting to the Country Director, the Consortium Manager will provide ongoing guidance to team members to fulfil the project’s strategic goals and objectives; ensure compliance with ECHO rules and regulations both for CARE as the prime as well as consortium members and implementing partners; ensure project start up and close out meetings as per CARE Award and Sub Award policy; model CARE Organizational values and ensure they are understood by all staff and partners in the Consortium; responsible for ensuring CARE’s Anti Fraud and Anti-Corruption policy, CAREs Anti Discrimination and Sexual Harassment Policy and CARE’s Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (SEA) and Child Protection policy are applied through the entire Consortium and Implementing Partners with an effective Complaints, Reporting and Feedback mechanism in place; responsible for developing the project’s integrated Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) framework with support from the MEAL specialist, including a common beneficiary database that can be used by other consortia for referrals of beneficiaries; ensure the project base line, MTR, end line and final evaluation are conducted in a timely and quality manner; ensure measures for cross-learning, 360degrees accountability, and monitoring of integration aspects are put in place and utilized, including Shared monitoring tools and accountability minimum standards will be developed; ensure joint field missions to support and assess the delivery of the integrated aspects of programming; responsible for ensuring visibility across all project areas as per donor’s policies.
S/he will ensure project develops costed action plans, procurement plans, cash projections in a timely manner to allow for appropriate cash flow and timely availability of goods and services; create or adapt management systems in line with CARE’s standard operating procedures, ensuring consistency with project needs; oversee flows of funds to consortium members and CARE Uganda by CARE Denmark and review reports both financial and narrative from consortium members to CARE DK, in close coordination with the CARE Finance Director, oversee sub grants to local implementing partners managed by CARE Uganda together with Grants and Contracts team; act as Chair of the Program Management Unit (PMU) and ensure regular meetings take place, are well documented and agreed upon actions followed-up; the Consortium Manager will ensure CARE CD calls for Steering Committee meetings at Kampala levels with heads of consortium agencies; support CD to prepare and document meetings and to follow up on agreed upon action at Steering Committee level; ensure effective mechanisms for information sharing and cooperation with other complementary Consortia with which CARE’s consortium will collaborate, including organizing regular coordination meetings with them at settlement; responsible for developing and/or strengthening excellent working relations with the Office of the Prime Minister (OPM) at District and settlement level, ensuring OPM is closely involved in approving and planning the intervention;
• Responsible for the overall management of the project to facilitate integrated programming through the development and monitoring of a joint Detailed Implementation Plan for the project
• Monitor overall project implementation and propose adaptations in a timely manner to ensure objectives are met
• Provide strategic guidance in unifying approaches and models between consortium members in different geographical areas with support from Technical Advisors and Specialists
• Responsible for gender responsiveness in all actions and decisions within Consortium (i.e. Use of CARE Gender Marker, CARE Gender in Emergencies approaches, etc)
• Responsible for the overall management of all the project’s resources, human, financial and assets in line with donor and CARE relevant rules and regulations
• Ensure abidance by CARE and donor financial and procurement procedures with maximum cost effectiveness
• Ensure effective mechanisms for joint planning, integrated implementation, joint & participatory monitoring and management between consortium members
• Support effective mechanisms for information sharing and cooperation among Consortium members and implementing partners at all levels (national and settlement and field levels)
• Responsible for all external representation of the Consortium at meetings, events, conferences, and other fora, to key stakeholders, providing them with information about project objectives, risks, constraints and progress
• Responsible for ensuring good relationships as well with Local District Government and relevant local councils and Refugee Welfare Council authorities
• Undergraduate degree in Management, development or humanitarian
• At least (5) years proven management experience of complex humanitarian programs, of which a minimum of three as Consortium Manager or leading / managing a team of partners.
• Experience with refugee protection and gender based violence programs required
• Personal commitment to gender equality demonstrated by personal actions
• Ability to work under pressure to respond to tight deadlines
• Decision-making skills
• Excellent English communication skills (both oral and written)
To apply for this position, please visit our website at https://chp.tbe.taleo.net/chp02/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=CAREU...
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. If you’d like more information about your EEO*rights as an applicant under the law, please click here.***
The closing date for this posting, if listed, is approximate. Job postings may be removed from CARE's career website at any time.
- Job ID:
- Career Categories:
- Program/Project Management
- Years Of Experience:
- 5-9 years
- Job Type: