Why Choose IntraHealth
At IntraHealth, we are a global team of creative, committed humanitarians on a mission. We are advocates, technologists, health workers, and communicators. Program officers, finance experts, and technical leaders. We are passionate and diverse. And we’re united in our belief that everyone everywhere should have the health care they need to thrive. That’s why we work every day to improve the performance of health workers around the world and strengthen the systems in which they work.
For almost 40 years in over 100 countries, IntraHealth has partnered with local communities to make sure health workers are present where they’re needed most, ready to do the job, connected to the technology they need, and safe to do their very best work.
Our programs are designed with a deep understanding of and appreciation for the context of human rights, gender equality and discrimination, economic empowerment, and changing populations. And the longstanding relationships we’ve built with government agencies, private-sector partners, and members of civil society make our efforts stronger and more effective.
Join us and together we can make lasting changes in global health—for all of us.
SUMMARY OF ROLE
Reporting to the Senior Compliance Manager, the Compliance Officer will be primarily responsible for ensuring compliance to donor rules and regulations both in program operations as well as finance operations. In addition, s/he will be responsible for ensuring that the organization is not defrauded in any way by having resources effectively and efficiently used for only the planned activities.
· Perform audits, internal control reviews and compliance assessment activities for RHITES –E Activity
· Analyze findings and make recommendations to address control gaps.
· Conduct periodic site-visits to partners & review their financial records/internal control systems and make recommendations
· Perform special audits/investigations and effectively report the outcome to the supervisor and IntraHealth management.
· Monitor financial activities and keep the supervisor advised of any situations which have the potential for a negative impact on activity implementation.
· Ensure key steps (planning, execution, reporting) are coordinated effectively with input from the supervisor.
· Provide professional advice with regard to internal control systems and compliance.
· Effectively document and write reports on findings and recommendations to improve processes controls and systems.
· Support supervisor during internal /external audits: coordinate preparation activities and documentation during an audit
· Support the Senior Compliance Manager in the follow-up of recommendations & closure activities for both internal and external audits; support, monitor and verify audit closure.
· Coordinate with the supervisor and management to identify knowledge and skills gaps and manage the provision of capacity building interventions in the areas of compliance and risk management to staff and partners.
· Demonstrate knowledge and be first point of contact for colleagues and management on compliance-related issues.
· Assist IntraHealth operations and program teams with risk identification, analysis, and mitigation.
Education & Experience
· University Degree in Accounting, Finance, Risk & Compliance or related field or equivalent work experience (A certification in the field is a must e.g. CPA, ACCA, CIA).
· Minimum of 4 years of professional experience in grant management, establishing and maintaining an effective working relationships, two of which as an auditor.
· A working experience of at least two years working with USAID-funded projects/ institutional donor/s will be an added advantage.
· Ability to deliver training and prepare training materials will be an asset.
· Excellent influencing skills, diplomacy, tact and ability to obtain the cooperation of individuals and staff not under own control.
· Persistent and resolute.
· Ability to operate comfortably within a complex cultural, global environment;
· Ability to multi-task effortlessly and manage competing priorities under demanding deadlines without close supervision.
· Serves with high level of Integrity and models Stewardship
· Highly developed communication and report writing skill
· Good knowledge of Microsoft suit
· Analytical and attention to details
Effective communication: Understands effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, explain complex technical concepts in simple, clear language appropriate to the audience; and receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors that promotes learning.
Planning and Organizing: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed upon strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; and monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary.
Interpersonal Relationships: Knowledge of and the ability to effectively interact within and across Divisions, Departments, Country offices in a constructive and collaborative manner.
Summary of Benefits
IntraHealth International, Inc. is a great place to work and prides itself on its comprehensive benefits package. We offer competitive salaries and a dynamic inclusive work environment which supports health workers so they can improve the lives of people throughout the world.
IntraHealth International is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law, and requires affirmative action to ensure equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. This is also to include inquiry about, disclosing, or discussing their compensation or the compensation of other applicants or employees.
To apply and learn more about IntraHealth Careers @: http://www.intrahealth.org/section/careers
Learn more about “Who We Are” @: http://www.intrahealth.org/section/about-us1
To view full job profile and submit application online, visit http://www.intrahealth.org/section/careers