Management Sciences for Health (MSH) is a non-profit international health organization composed of nearly 2500 people from more than 74 nationalities working in over 50 countries. Our mission is to save lives and improve the health of the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health. Together with our partners, we are helping managers and leaders in developing countries to create stronger management systems that improve health services for the greatest health impact.
Job Summary: The Compliance Officer will monitor the performance of all financial and operational functions within the Country Operations Management Unit (COMU) or projects for MSH Uganda. The position holder will ensure that all staff are well versed in donor and MSH policies and procedures, and are adhering to such standards. S/he will identify gaps in existing internal control systems, and provide recommendations to strengthen them; will identify gaps in knowledge and skills; will provide recommendations for training; and may provide training directly to staff. In coordination with the COP, COMU Director and Director of Internal Audit, s/he will develop a plan and evaluation tools, and then carry out independent appraisals of the effectiveness of MSH and donor policies, procedures and standards, and Ugandan law, by which MSH Uganda financial resources are managed. S/he will review and evaluate the effectiveness and efficiency of operations, reliability of financial reporting, compliance with applicable laws and the safeguarding of assets. S/he will plan, perform and report back on internal assessments to ensure that financial control, financial guidelines of donor organization and other control procedures are in place and are being properly implemented and managed within MSH Uganda offices. S/he will also be responsible for advising and monitoring quality standards of operations and value for money. S/he will assist the COMU Director or COP in following-up on recommendations from the internal and external auditors to ensure the recommendations have been implemented and adhered to. S/he will conduct thoroughly documented investigations of whistleblower cases, and suspected fraud and will directly interface with the Director of Internal Audit on these or other specific cases.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Compliance /Internal Audit
- Ensure that all MSH Uganda financial and operational activities are in compliance with Ugandan law (tax laws, CSA laws and government pension agency laws), donor rules and regulations, and MSH policies and standards. Develops an annual customized compliance monitoring plan, including evaluation tools, standards, ethical considerations, and schedule to evaluate all COMU functions, including all COMU or remote staff/office locations, and to revisit sites needing extra attention.
- Develops compliance framework for the MSH country office; including compliance checklists for the various business processes, transaction classes, country laws governing NGO operations, and specific donor requirements.
- Periodically reviews and updates the compliance monitoring checklist and other tools to stay current with MSH procedures and policies.
- Examines the effectiveness of internal controls and compliance within MSH (country policy framework and identifies gaps in procedures and controls systems and provides recommendations to the Country Leadership Team for strengthening them.
- Follows-up on recommendations to ensure they have been implemented and adhered to.
- Tests internal controls, targeting high risk areas, including workshops, vehicle usage, inventory control and cash advance management, payroll and Fleet Management.
- Documents internal control weaknesses and compliance deviations and their impact, and makes recommendations to address these weaknesses.
- Identifies gaps in knowledge and skills and provides recommendations for training.
- May be requested to provide training directly to staff.
- Prepares detailed reports of each compliance review and other task assignments, with prioritized findings and recommendations.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants for the Management Sciences for Health (MSH) Compliance Officer job placement must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or business management, or related area. Advanced degree; Professional certification in Accounting; Internal Audit; and Fraud Examination is preferred.
- Six or more years of experience in compliance, risk management or audit required
- Knowledge and skills; Extensive familiarity of U.S Government grant rules and regulations (USAID, CDC,) or other donor rules and regulations (E.U) required. Experience in international development programs preferred. Excellent planning, management, and organizational skills. Proven leadership and interpersonal skill. Professional proficiency in English required
- Core job competencies:
- Navigating the Environment: Perspective, Dealing with ambiguity, Organizational Agility, Political Savvy and Strategic Agility
- Ensuring Delivery of Results: Functional/Technical skills, Client Focus, Managing through systems, Managing and Measuring work, Negotiating, Information Sharing, Process Management, Priority Setting, Problem Solving and Timely Decision Making
- Core Personal Competencies: Ethics and Values, Integrity and Trust, Listening, Written Communication
- Core MSH competencies: Adaptability, Communication, Problem Solving, Creativity and Innovation, Quality, Quality and Timeliness of Work, Quality of work and Team Relationships, Resource Utilization
- Travel requirements: Availability to travel domestically and internationally as needed.
How to Apply
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join the Management Sciences for Health in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to Apply Online by clicking on the link below.
Click Here : https://bit.ly/2msCJbO