Our client is an established provider of currency trading solutions with a presence in Kenya, Nigeria and now in Uganda.
The Client seeks to fill the above position with a suitably qualified and competent person.
We’re looking for an experienced Financial Crime and AML expert, to bring our financial crime and AML operations up to speed. The right candidate should have a working knowledge of the remittance and payment landscapes and a passion for disruptive technology. You will play a key role in shaping and delivering the company’s risk appetite, automation, operations and controls around fraud and AML. You will be working at the edge of financial services, helping to define and drive innovation at the interface between the digital services and conventional financial services. While maintaining the customer experience and interests as a core objective, you will be responsible for setting high standards of legal and regulatory compliance, across all customer onboarding, transaction monitoring and investigations activities. You will seek to advance and protect the reputation of the firm and maintain a good knowledge of latest industry developments in applicable legal and regulatory requirements. The role is reporting into the Chief Executive Officer, however, weʼre looking for someone driven and willing to take full ownership of the task at hand. We aspire to lead the way in building a world-class compliance offering at the forefront of a technological revolution. If you think youʼre up to the challenge weʼd love to hear from you.
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES;
- Set-up of our FC/AML/KYC operation to ensure the business is compliant with current and prospective regulatory obligations.
- Building comprehensive risk guidelines and defining our risk appetite.
- Transaction monitoring, defining the scorecards for ongoing monitoring of fiat and digital transactions.
- Identify and investigate potential fraud or financial crime risks
- Chargeback and Dispute management
- Setup and on-going review of SARs and SAR process.
- Monitor the effectiveness of card processor fraud & AML authorization
- Embed a comprehensive understanding of the Financial Crime risks associated with our business.
- Design and enhance CDD and EDD processes to maintain high automation rates, fraud and AML scorecards for assessing and monitoring remittance portfolios
- Create, implement and oversee policies and procedures for combating Financial crimes that are easy to understand and follow.
- Ensure the business is compliant with relevant regulatory obligations and well-positioned to deal with future changes in regulation
- Working closely with all other departments, third parties such as our partner bank, law enforcement, other financial institutions, and financial crime prevention bodies
- Working closely with the Product Managers to build a consumer platform integrating a highly intuitive and user-friendly KYC/AML solution.
- Maintain a good knowledge of industry best practices across all areas of onboarding and financial crime. Thought Leadership / Best practice.
- Building strong relationships with third parties and institutions
- Showing though leadership and visibility in crypto compliance space, attending events and acting as an ambassador on behalf of the company.
- Working closely with the Operations Manager to ensure all staff is up to date with any needed compliance training.
- Updating the management team through the weekly reports.
- Scaling the team and operations as the business grows.
- Regulatory contact with the Bank of Uganda and other regulators
The job holder should have the following qualifications:
- 5+ experience as MLRO or equivalent in a regulated company.
- ACAMS qualification.
THE RIGHT PERSON FOR THE JOB
- Experience in defining and implementing effective policies and procedures from scratch.
- Helped establish or seen a compliance function established.
- Understands the needs and dynamics of a start-up.
- Experience communicating with senior internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong ability to communicate both written and verbally.
- Problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Strong knowledge of current and prospective regulation that impacts our business.
- Understanding of digital payments and remittances
- Been through an authorization process.
- Able to break down and articulate complex technical ideas.
- Excellent ability managing projects and prioritizing effectively.
- Proactive and accountable.
- Possess acute attention to detail.
- Passionate about disruption and changing the status quo.
- Preference for finding automated solutions.
- Product-minded and care about the customer journey/user experience.
- He/she should be computer literate (MS Word, Google, Excel, and Internet)
- He/she should have Excellent Verbal and Written Communication
- The ideal person should Good time management skills
- He/she should be able to contribute positively as part of a team, helping out with various tasks as required.
WHAT THE CLIENT IS OFFERING THE RIGHT PERSON
Our client is offering a competitive remuneration package for the successful candidate as well as other benefits.
HOW TO APPLY
Visit www.careeroptionsafrica.co.ke and www.hreastafrica.com for more details on this position.
Send CV only to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5th March 2020 subject heading, as COMPLIANCE LEAD AND MONEY LAUNDERING REPORTING OFFICER. However, applications will be reviewed as they are received and qualified candidates called for interview as soon as their CV’s are received.
Candidates who do not hear from us by this date should consider their applications unsuccessful.