Continental Forests Ltd is seeking to fill the position of Forest Security Supervisor of their forestry operations in Kikonda Central Forest Reserve in Kyankwanzi District.
The primary function of the Forest Security Supervisor is to head and guide a team of Forest Security Guards to implement the company policy of securing the forest against all forms of encroachment in accordance with the National Forestry and Tree Planting Act 2003. Responsible for implementing a wide range of loss control measures in the context of timber business.
Desired Competencies, Qualifications and Experience
• A Ugandan national, with a strong track record in leadership and conflict resolution, strong track record in policing skills (Community relations, conflict management, physical fitness etc.), fluency in local languages (Luganda, Runyakitara and Swahili), reliable and able to communicate company policies.
• Strong in human, communication and interpersonal skills.
• Working experience with forest security operations, pastoralists or peace-building engagements.
• A minimum academic qualification of a degree from a recognized institution.
• Capable of striking the right balance between using force and constructive engagement.
• Solid physical fitness and ability to do daily heavy drills.
• Self motivated, team player and interested in forestry operations and activities.
• Ready and willing to live and work in a rural set up and monitor forest security 24/7.
• Adequately computer literate and capable of producing daily and weekly reports.
• Proficiency in use and maintenance of Radio communication equipment.
• A valid driver’s licence with Classes A and B as a minimum
It is an added advantage if you have undergone an additional training in martial arts, field craft, tactics, legal/court proceedings, map use and first aid is an added advantage.
If you meet the above profile, please send in your details and salary expectations to: email@example.com or
P.O. Box 32 Kiboga