Deadline of this Job:
Thursday 30th August 2018
Community Empowerment for Rural Development (CEFORD) is a leading, not for profit Non Governmental Organization (NGO) in West Nile, registered with the National NGO Board; and operating in Eight districts of West Nile (Arua, Nebbi, Zombo, Koboko, Yumbe, Maracha, Moyo and Adjumani).
CEFORD has received funding from UN-FAO to implement a Livelihood Project in Bidibidi and Palorinya Settlements and wishes to recruit competent persons to fill the following position in Yumbe and Moyo districts:
Job Title: Community Facilitators (CF)
Vacancy: 12 (Twelve)
Reports to: Project Officer
Contract Period: 5 Months
Work Station: Yumbe (6 Positions) and Moyo (6 Positions)
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Mobilize refugees and local community for the project.
- Make monthly and weekly work plans towards implementing project activities.
- Implement activities as agreed under the project.
- Write activity reports as required by the project.
- Carry out monitoring and evaluation of activities as agreed.
- Ensure maximum community participation, ownership of the project for sustained development by employing the recommended approaches.
- Adhere to the Humanitarian Principles and Codes of Conduct; CEFORD Codes of Conduct.
- Attend to all key meetings organized and correspondences in respect of this project in the target Clusters and compile reports on meetings attended.
- Ensure participation of women and other age/sex groups in Oxfam works.
- Act in a way that is sensitive to gender, protection, HIV, environment and other important cross-cutting concerns.
- Carry out any other duties as assigned by CEFORD and its staff for smooth implementation.
Skills and Competence:
- Diploma/Certificate in relevant fields of Agriculture, Development work, Social work
- At least 1 year experience of working in a similar field/sector and context
- Strong communication skills, knowledge of Arabic or any of the refugees’ language an added advantage.
- Sensitivity to the needs and priorities of different sectors of the community.
- Sensitive to traditions, culture, beliefs and refugee/host community hierarchical structures
- Ability to ride motorcycle and valid riding permit an added advantage
Job application procedure
Applications in own handwriting, clearly stating the position applied for and District of preference accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae and photocopies of relevant academic transcripts, testimonials and contacts of 3 referees including day telephone numbers, should be addressed to: The Executive Director – CEFORD P.O. Box 303 Arua To reach her not later than 4:00 pm Thursday 30th August 2018. Applications can be delivered to the CEFORD Offices in Moyo, Yumbe and Arua. Late submission of applications will not be accepted. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
NOTE: Women are encouraged to apply.